Laura's Dream | Teen Ink

Laura's Dream

By xxLivixx PLATINUM, Mason, West Virginia
xxLivixx PLATINUM, Mason, West Virginia

Laura was siting patiently in her desk waiting for the bell to ring. IT was the last day of school and summer was only minutes away. She watched the big hand on the clock tick slowly past 3:10. Five more minutes and school would be out. She couldn't stand it. She wanted to go home, to get out of what seemed like prison, and to see her biggest crush. Actually it was more then a crush it was love. True love that was meant to be, he just didn't know it. It was him; Jeremy.

The bell rang and Laura sprang out of the desk and out of English class for the summer. She was lost in thought until she ran into something hard. "Ow." She complained. She looked up to find Jeremy standing over her.

"Oh, sorry." He was worried. "Are you okay?" he asked. She nodded holding her head in her hands. She had banged it off the ground, or his rock hard chest. He must have been working out.

"Yea. I'm fine." She paused. "Is there a mark?" She pointed to her head.

"No, your good." He said. Laura moaned. "You sure you're okay?" He knelt down beside her and removed the hands that she had returned to her face; she looked up at him.

"Yes." He smiled a perfect smile and slowly brushed her hair out of her face.

"Good. Your Laura, right?" he paused. "Don't you live down the street from me?" He offered her his hand as he stood up. She was surprised at the little effort it took for him to help her up.

"Sorry, I'm clumsy." She blinked hard. "Yea, were neighbors." She giggled.

"Don't even apologize. Your just not capable of paying attention." He smiled at her again. "Hey do you want to come to a party with me tonight?" He asked. She was shocked at how he worded it. 'With me.' Does that mean like, on a date?

"Where is it?" She winked, as if saying she would definitely come.

"My buddy Buck's house. You know Buck?" He prompted. She shook her head. "He graduated last year?" He chuckled. "Nevermind."

"So, you'll pick me up?" She asked hoping he still wanted to take her.

"Seven o'clock sharp," He paused. "Maybe your not clumsy, I meant to run into you." He slowly lifted her chin and kissed her softly. He winked at her as he walked away....

Laura sat up, speechless... Wishing, she hadn't woken up from her dream.

Annieboo SILVER, Salt Lake City, Utah

Some one who gets tricked is a fool. Some one who trusts is an even bigger fool. But if you get tricked and tricked again...and still trust...that's makes you the best person to know.

Gotta love and hate those lovely dreams.

jazzy13 said...
aww it was a dream? dangit! well i know i LOVED IT! man ur a super good author!