Why Me? | Teen Ink

Why Me?

By twinsisterslove BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado
twinsisterslove BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado

You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

Why am I not rich? Why am I not a millionaire? These are the questions most people ask themselves. Why am I not pretty? Why am I not a rock star? I have different questions. Why am I not free? Why do they hurt me? Why me?

Do adults ever tell you that you are lucky? Chances are they did. And you probably ignore the truth behind their words. Are you not free? Do you get beaten everyday? Who cares if you can’t get that hot, new toy. I don’t own a single toy. I don’t even own a bed or clothes that fit me. I am treated like dirt. Why me?

Do you have clean water? What about food? If so, why do you complain? You don’t like vegetables, so you feed it to the dog. Why can’t you enjoy that life-giving food? I wish I could eat those nasty green beans, or that disgusting broccoli. Instead I eat rotten fruit and grass. Be thankful for the vegetables you selfishly throw out. Why do you get to throw out food that I need? Why me?

Do you hate your parents at times? Why? Do they abuse you? They only try to do what is best for you, and you ignore them and hate them. Why give them the cold shoulder? At least you have parents. At least you have someone who loves you. I have an owner who beats me because he is mad at someone else. I am his rag doll. Why me?

Instead of asking ‘Why are things not going MY way?’ try asking ‘How can I help others’. Why won’t they but me a new cell phone? Why this? Why that? Why, why, why, why, WHY?! Try helping those in need who ask ‘Why me?’. Again I ask, why me?

I hope that this article will help people understand that they are truly lucky. We take almost everything for granted. What would a slave say?

I want your opinion! What do you think?

alluneedislove3, Alice, Texas
wow. i feel gross write now....lol that's good! so true, i thought it was gonna go a whole different way till i read the quote box!!! loved it!

foreverSmall PLATINUM, Brighton, Michigan

Psalm 23:2-4

This writing is so true. It really gives you time to be thankful, and see a way to help others. I love it! KEEP WRITING (:

andromeda13 SILVER, Barrie, Other
a real eye opener!!! you have a talent, keep writing!

SilentlyRising GOLD, Decatur, Georgia

"My pen is the barrel of the gun. Remind me which side you should be on."

That was amaizing.  I feel a little guilty now...  That's the power of a writer, though.  Great job.  I'm totally favoriting it.

coly33 BRONZE said...
coly33 BRONZE, Lyndhurst, New Jersey
that was really really good im really sad now though but it was really good got me thinking you know!

k_luvs_you BRONZE, North Richland Hills, Texas

Emily: Thackery Binx, what took thee so long?
Thackery Binx: I'm sorry, Emily. I had to wait three hundred years for a virgin to light a candle. - Hocus Pocus

Wow. This gave me a reality check. Thank you for that. Great topic.