He Is Always There | Teen Ink

He Is Always There

By SweetPolarBearHugs PLATINUM, New York, New York
SweetPolarBearHugs PLATINUM, New York, New York

"All conflict in literature is, in its simplest form, a struggle between good and evil." - unknown author.
"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream." - Edgar Allan Poe

Who is this man that tucks me in at night and tells me bed time stories? Who is this man with the dark brown hair and bright blue eyes? His smile making every one around him wanting to smile to. Who is this man that leads me to the zoo? Who is this man who puts me on top of his shoulders and points at the lions. "Look! There's a big lion and a little lion." Who is this man with the dark mustache and fair skin? He is tall as a giraffe! Who is this man who always hugs me and kisses my forehead? His mustache tickles my head and neck. Who is this man who always calls me princess? His voice soft and warm like honey. Who is this man who always laughs when I put on his sneakers that are to big for my feet? His laugh is load and always makes me smile. Who is this man who always takes me to the park? We always have fun running and playing catch. Who is this man? He always catch me when I'm falling. He chases the monsters a way. He checks under my bed and in the closet for them. Who is this man? He always cheers me up when I'm sad. Who is this man? He always goes out side to light something and puts it in his mouth. Who is this man? Smoke comes out of his and nose every time he takes out that small white stick. Who is this man? His bright blue eyes lost their spark. Who is this man? He is always out of breath when we play. Who is this man? He coughs long and hard making me scared. Who is this man? He doesn't want to play any more, is there something wrong? Who is this man who is laying in a bed in a white room? Why does he have a mask on his face? Why are there tubes in his skin? I'm scared for this man. Who is this man?
"Daddy don't go."