Trouble Falling Asleep | Teen Ink

Trouble Falling Asleep

By n3xtusplaya DIAMOND, Honolulu, Hawaii
n3xtusplaya DIAMOND, Honolulu, Hawaii

"It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for what you are not."

~Luara Moncur

The air is beautiful outside, and I'm suppose to be asleep but I'd much rather be running in the cool breezy air. But I can't.

The radio is playing and I'm tapping my foot against the foot board along with the beat.

A buzzing noise catches my attention, then next thing you know I'm day-no night dreaming of flying. I'm soaring through the clouds, twirling and divi-a scratchy sound interrupts me.

I recognize the noise as my sisters breathing, it's obvious that she had no trouble falling asleep. Uh so far I've tried everything to fall asleep and nothings worked. So now I'm going to try diverting my attention to one thing only. But what? Then I see the picture Grandma and me took the summer before she passed. Oh, how I miss her the sound of her voice use to lull me sleep, if only I had that now. I turn over and see my white polk-a-dot curtains blowing gently from the A/C vent. That's the last thing before I finally fell asleep.

I always have trouble falling asleep at nights and things kind of just describes how I lie awake my mind jumping from one thing to another until something finally grasps my attention putting me to sleep.