Life's price | Teen Ink

Life's price

By Pathos. BRONZE, Pefki, Other
Pathos. BRONZE, Pefki, Other

It was midnight. Sam jumped when he heard the knock at the door. He knew who it was. However he didn’t expect him so soon. He could almost hear his heart's loud beats.
The man kept on knocking the door. Sam could imagine those frightening black eyes staring at him. Sadly, it wasn’t that difficult. That man had been visiting Sam’s nightmares for about a month. There was nothing he could do to stop him.
Sam took a deep breath and opened the door. The mysterious man came in and suddenly the temperature in the room dropped dramatically. Sam was quite surprised when he noticed that instead of deep, almost infinite black , the man’s eyes had an icy blue color. Numb as he was, he offered him a seat and the next ten minutes of silence were the longest in his life.
“Mr.Smith, I’m deeply sorry about your wife’s death, but we had no option” said the man in a cold, heartless tone.
So, it was true -Amy’s death was not just an accident. He had been suspecting that since he heard about the sudden car accident that was supposed to cause his wife’s death, but he refused to accept the fact that she had lied to him. He knew that Amy was addicted to gambling but he couldn’t imagine her borrowing money from these evil people.
He stood up and gave a thick pack of money to the man. At least his wife’s spirit could rest in peace.

Every time I read it,I feel cold...

leafy said...
leafy, City, Other

Gil: I would like you to read my novel and get your opinion. 
Ernest Hemingway: I hate it. 
Gil: You haven't even read it yet. 
Ernest Hemingway: If it's bad, I'll hate it. If it's good, then I'll be envious and hate it even more. You don't want the opinion of another writer. 

Nice job, Zetoni! Especially since English isn't even your first language :)