The Deadly Bathroom Break | Teen Ink

The Deadly Bathroom Break

April 18, 2012
By Ranea GOLD, Elkhart, Indiana
Ranea GOLD, Elkhart, Indiana
18 articles 0 photos 50 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It can always be worse, so put on a happy face and laugh!" (my own quote) &
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words may scar my soul."


There’s nothing I hate more than being trapped, but that’s exactly what I am. All because of my stupid, small bladder, I just had to go to the bathroom. So I went into the bank to use theirs, because nothing could go wrong, right?

Wrong, which is just my luck. Just as I leave the bathroom a group of guys decide to rob the bank. Just peachy. One of the guys yells at us to get down on the ground and we obey. Then he tells us to give him our phones. Oops. I accidentally left mine in my purse in the bathroom. When he gets to me I tell him this, he’s not really happy about this. Now he’s threatening to shoot me if I don’t give it to him, but I can’t give him something I don’t have. Then another of the guys come over and asks what was wrong.

“She says she left her phone and purse in the bathroom.”

“Oh, well, she probably did. That’s Angel and she’s always forgetting something.”

“What! I do not! Anyway, how would you know?” I demand.

“We dated just last year. We had a great time, and even learned a few new tricks,” he replies.

“I never, ever date criminals! Well, except for that one time…..OMG!!! You’re Brian! The s.o.b. that just up and left for no good reason!!!! You jerk!” I ground out.

“Let’s go get your purse and then we can talk,” he quickly said.
So we retrieved my purse and then we went out into the alley at the back of the bank.
“I’m sorry but there’s no other way. You know who I am and I cannot allow that,” Brian said as he pulled out a gun.
Then I feel an agonizing pain just a little to the right and down form my left shoulder. Everything goes black as I hear the sirens get closer and hope that they find me in time.


The author's comments:
this started as a three minute what if... story but turned into something that i don't think would ever really happen