Dear Annie, | Teen Ink

Dear Annie,

By hiddenangelz211 DIAMOND, Haverhill, Massachusetts
hiddenangelz211 DIAMOND, Haverhill, Massachusetts

Live Laugh Love ~Unknown
I'm selfish, impatient, a little insecure but if you can't handle me at my worst then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best ~Marilyn Monroe
Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. ~James Dean

Dear Annie,

Do you remember how I told you my Virtual High School class involved a lot of work? Well this is one of those weekly journal assignments and I have chosen to write my journal to you today! The assignment is to tell the recipient how they inspire me, so I shall now tell you how you inspire me in my everyday life. Annie, you have helped me through the tough times and the good times alike. When my whole world is falling apart, you always seem to show up and help me paste everything back into place.

You inspire me to be the greatest sister and friend that anyone could ever ask for. I’m not sure if I ever told you, but my journal is full of dozens of poems and stories that you have inspired me to write. When your ex-boyfriend hurt you and made you feel alone, I wrote about how I hated leaving you in the dark. I wrote how I wanted to hurt him for even thinking about hurting you. I remember when you were upset about losing your sisters so many years ago, and I remember writing you that poem I gave you at lunch the following day. I remember many nights falling asleep thinking about the funny things we chatted about at lunch or the daily dramas that seemed to follow us both around like mosquitoes.

Now I think back to the first few moments when we met. It feels like it was centuries ago when it has only been 3 years. So much has changed, some for the good, some for the bad, but the two of us have never grown apart. Now what scares me is college, that we won’t be able to have those special moments. The thought that I may not have you in my life scares me to no end. Sunny, you inspire me to be the very best person I can be! You inspire me to keep this friendship, this sisterhood alive for the entirety of my life and if all fails, it will not be because I didn’t try hard enough. I love you forever my best friend, my sister, my “Sunny da Owl!”

Love always,

Kat <3