the big dream | Teen Ink

the big dream

By Writing4Pub DIAMOND, Colts Neck, New Jersey
Writing4Pub DIAMOND, Colts Neck, New Jersey

Always desire to learn something useful.
Sophocles

"The Big Dream"

BY: Nicole Z

Sometimes I believe my family and I are the only ones that live in this town. I bet if you dropped a pin in the middle of the road you would hear it! I go to Dallas Middle School in North Carolina. I believe that we live in the smallest town in the world, which is probably true because I only have about one hundred people in my school, but I learned to love it let me tell you the whole story.

Once my best friend in the whole world Tony and I decided we wanted to see the new movie everyone in the city was talking about. When we got there no one was in sight except for the ticket seller. We decided that everyone was probably inside already.

"Excuse me” I said to the ticket seller,” we would like two tickets to house of 5 , please" I finished.

"Sorry" the ticket seller said, there have not been costumers here for two days, none of the movies are playing".

“Oh" I replied.
I was really upset; the night that supposed to be fun didn't even happen! My friend and I share books, movies, thoughts and the same dream, to get the heck out of here and go to the big shiny buildings and see millions of people rushing beside us.

I always think of school as an important place to be. I always try to do my best. All my teachers and I are really good friends. If I need help with anything my teachers takes her time to help me learn. If my teacher thinks I could do better on a test she/ he lets me retake it. Tony my best friend always asked me to do his homework, because Tony is not the best student, so it would be worse if i did his practice work. Last year my teacher even offered me a scholarship. I gladly accepted it, and that's when thing got different. After my happy news my dad was doing everything to please me. He bought me almost anything I asked him! That’s when he started to consider my dream.

I was sitting at the dinner table when my dad broke the silence.

“How was school"? He asked not lifting his head from his spaghetti.

“Boring as usual" I replied.

“Well" dad continues to say , " I was working at my business work when my boss called me over, we sat in his office for about 20 minutes or so discussing our big move", my dad said.

“What big move?" I replied.
"Well you know how you always been talking about how you wanted to move to the city and out of here. Well I thought this would be a great opportunity for you".