Worthy | Teen Ink

Worthy

By LeenaB GOLD, Hoover, Alabama
LeenaB GOLD, Hoover, Alabama

Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it. -Jane Wagner

As I submerged my ninety nine pound body into the steaming water, I grabbed he blade from my special hiding place. The boiling heat from the water instantly started making me sweat, but I didn't care, I was losing water weight. The blade was fresh and new. And sharp. I had to be careful this time
One shallow one for the small fry I shared with Nina earlier that day. On the wrist. One on my hip for binging after lunch. And the last one on my other wrist, a little deeper than the first. For my worth.
What was I worth? Nothing. Nothing but my weight. My weight was my life. But I wasn't perfect just yet.
I wasn't ninety pounds. I was one pound from one hundred. Pitiful. I laid back in the tub, letting the water engulf me. Letting the water lick at my wounds and sting me.
It was a familiar sting. I felt at home. I could hear the beat of my heart. I listened. I listened to my breathing.
The air filling my unworthy lungs. The water lapping against my unworthy face. The thuds of my unworthy heart. I listened to my unworthy existence.
Just once more, but this time, two cuts. To make an x. I would be perfect. I would make it to ninety. I would do whatever it takes to be worthy.

ABazza GOLD said...
ABazza GOLD, London, Other

'Keep Calm and Carry On'
'Don't worry, be happy'
'Life Goes On'
You Only Live Once'

:) do you think you could have a look at some of my work, comments would be really appreciated?

LeenaB GOLD said...
LeenaB GOLD, Hoover, Alabama

Thank you SO much! You literally just made my day. :)

ABazza GOLD said...
ABazza GOLD, London, Other

'Keep Calm and Carry On'
'Don't worry, be happy'
'Life Goes On'
You Only Live Once'

You handled this subject really well and you're an amazing writer! Keep writing :)