Fall! | Teen Ink

Fall!

December 6, 2012
By bears11 BRONZE, Seattle, Washington
bears11 BRONZE, Seattle, Washington
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

As the deep refreshing smell of cinnamon filled my room, I leaped out of bed. I followed the heavenly smell down to the tea kettle whistling on the stove like an alarm clock. Barely even awake, I sipped the apple cider until the hot mug was cold and empty. As I sat there, my senses became overwhelmed, and I smelled all sorts of food. From pies, to stuffing, to all the desserts imaginable. Then it hit me that it’s Thanksgiving! I peeked outside to see all the leaves changing colors and falling off the trees ever so gracefully. My mom poured me another glass of hot apple cider so I could go outside. I sat outside embracing the crispy cool breezes that flew past me, and the fresh scent of cinnamon coming from my steaming mug of apple cider. I sat around for hours not realizing how much I sat outside for, until. I heard a slight murmur from inside. My apple cider was cold and empty once again. My hands were frozen solid. I rushed inside, curled up in bed and drifted off into a deep sleep with the amazing smells of Thanksgiving filling my insides.