Resume | Teen Ink

Resume

By redhairCat PLATINUM, Pebble Beach, California
redhairCat PLATINUM, Pebble Beach, California

"I can do anything!"

Dear Sir:

During the long, beautifully boring days of summer, I have stumbled back upon my love for creative writing and journalism. For the last month I have revived my literary skills and put them to work. My most recent endeavors have helped me to realize my secret ambition to become a writer. The letter below, that I recently found, further supports this conclusion. I wrote it in sixth grade for English class.

Dear Sir or Madam:

I would very much like to be a reporter for your newspaper while I am on summer break. I love to write articles on current events and phenomenons. I look at things from a neutral viewpoint, and therefore my compositions are never biased.

I am very determined and won’t give up easily. When I am writing, I strive to create the best essay possible. I even submitted one of my reports to three top newspapers in the country.

My writing style is excellent, since I am able to maneuver smoothly from one idea to the next. This gives my error-free compositions an easy to follow flow.

I hope that you consider me as a part-time reporter. It would be a great opportunity for me to share my ideas to many people.

Thank you for reading my letter.

Sincerely,

Catherine

Catherine

As my previous letter points out, I have an eye for details and an extensive vocabulary. I can assure you that my modesty and sense of wit has not changed in these past few years. I still strive to produce a flawless finished essay.

My resume has expanded since the other letter was composed. I have had two poems published in Teen Ink magazine (January and April). My teachers have raved about my essays, short stories, and Op-eds. I am sure your readers will enjoy my writing as much as others have.

My range of work includes songs, poetry, short stories, op-eds, skits, autobiographical pieces and movie/book/video game reviews.

Please let me know if are interested.

Thank you for reading my letter.

As always, I am a devoted fan of your publication.

Continue being fabulous.

Catherine