What If? | Teen Ink

What If?

By Osesie SILVER, Abuja, Other
Osesie SILVER, Abuja, Other

Christ in me, the hope of Glory!!!!!! -The Holy Bible.
Just cuz every one does a thing doesn't make it right.

What if?
What if? What if one little girl decided to change the world? What if she started by praying by her bedside every night? What if she started by showing Love? What if she started by sharing the fire she’d caught? What if this little Girl was an orphan and had cancer? And the doctors doubted if she would live till fifteen? What if this little girl knew she was dying but never worried? What if she cared more for showing Love than for saving her life? And what if she would sacrifice to any amount to put smile on that face?

What if? What if she had found a power no one knew about? What if she had found a Hope? A purpose in the pain? What if she had found Joy - boundless? What if she had found someone, someone the world had casted into oblivion? What if he was someone who could answer the numerous questions of the world? What if he was the solution to the entire problem of the world? But what if no one else knew him and the power he could give like he’d given this Girl? And what if the Girl was on a quest to share the discoveries with the world?

What if? Just what if? What if this little Girl left the orphanage and began living in churches’ basements and moved from one little town to the other until she had lived in a church basement in every city in her country? What if this girl could paint? What if her thoughts ran clearly with paint and paintbrushes? What if she began painting? Painting photos of this power she’d found? Of this Man she’d met? Of this Message she had to share? Of the Love she lived? What if these paintings began changing people even though subtle? What if from her little town, People began catching the fire? What if they found this power too? And in their little ways began to spread the fire?

What if? I don’t know, but what if from her country it spread to the next and throughout her continent? And what if it spread to the next continent and the next till it had the whole world consumed in this flame? And just what if this fire, this power, this Hope began changing the world? What if it started to solve the problems and the answering the questions?

What if she soon turned fourteen and ten months? And then the cancer brought her low? But what if when she was asked why the power couldn’t save her and she said it was calling her to rest? What if when she was asked why she wasn’t scared and why she wasn’t sad and she said she had found purpose and pursued it and had fulfilled it? What if she said that she had shared Hope with the world and she was done here and now she needed rest? What if she died a day to her Fifteenth birthday?

What if? What if that hope never died and remained forever with the world and kept the world aright? But what is this Fire? What is this Purpose? What is this Power? What is this Hope? Who is this Man?

What if this fire is a Light? And this Purpose, Love? What if this Power is a Book? What if this Hope is the Cross? And this Man is Christ?

And what is this Book? And What Is this Man? What if the Book is The Bible? And Christ is The Savior!

A little Imagination

Scarlett_the_pegacorn BRONZE, Niceville, Florida

Don't tell me how to live my life; I do what I want.

Very emotional! Love it! :'D

Osesie SILVER said...
Osesie SILVER, Abuja, Other

Thanks so_joy I'll chek 'em out soon  

so_joy SILVER said...
so_joy SILVER, Navesink, New Jersey

"Be the change you want to see."

Amazing work! Superb job! Please read, rate, and comment on my poems! It would mean a lot:) Thanks!