Ellies Love | Teen Ink

Ellies Love

By Eangueira BRONZE, Miami, Florida
Eangueira BRONZE, Miami, Florida

If you never go to far, you'll never know how far you can go.

There was once a young girl named Ellie who was very passionate about volleyball. Ellie was a type of individual who when she fell in

love with something she did not stop until she reached the goal she had with whatever it was she did. Everyday Ellie spoke of volleyball, thought of

volleyball, dreamt of volleyball, it was the only thing on her mind. Throughout every season and of season Ellie was the first person on the court and

last person to leave. Constantly Ellie worked and worked to improve so that she can one day reach her one goal which was to play volleyball at her

dream University UCLA. Ellie never let anyone get in her way of dreaming big, but she knew it would cost her sacrifice.

Every single day Ellie dedicated herself and payed attention to nothing else except academics, and just practiced and trained trying to

improve so that she can one day reach her goal. There were many times in her life when Ellie had to choose between going out and doing stuff she

really enjoyed or train and work hard in the sport she loved. Whenever these situations came into her life she did struggle because she was still just

a 16 year old girl who had a social life and loved to hang out with them. Even though Ellie really struggled with what to do at some situations she

sacrificed her social life and just dedicated herself to the court. Ellie knew it was tough and did see these things coming but Ellie never gave up she

put it aside and kept working hard at the sport she loved.

Even though Ellie sacrificed some nights to practice instead of going out, it was never that bad for because of the type of mentality she had

set herself to. Ellie always thought very hard on what she should do if she would go and hang out with companions or practice her sport. Whenever

she had to choose between which decision she had to make, she thought to herself and asked, is better to go out and have fun for a couple hours

and not get anything done, or is it better to use those hours to work torwards her dream. For the fact the Ellie never gave up, and worked harder

thank anyone else, she one day saw her hard work pay off. Years later of pure hard work, Ellie became one of best star players in UCLA and was

even chosen to play in the olympics for the USA volleyball team and won a gold medal. Ellies example can show every single individual that

nothing is impossible because she did it herself with The Lord.

Jesus said that notbhing is imossible with God