I Remember You | Teen Ink

I Remember You

October 30, 2013
By CharlotteStuart BRONZE, Melbourne, Other
CharlotteStuart BRONZE, Melbourne, Other
3 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
Live life while you can, because one day you'll become a memory.


I remember you… Do you remember me? Do you remember how we used to be? Do you remember how we used to talk and how we made each other laugh? Do you remember our friendship? Or is that all a memory to you.
We would protect each other through thick and thin, always there to help when the other was down. Do you remember our jokes? Or am I not funny anymore… We disagreed but that’s what people do and now it kills me just to think about me and you.

You went in a downwards spiral; but I came with you, never leaving your side. You stuck by me too when my time came. Now it’s all changed. I helped you ‘till breaking point, loved you when you felt lonely and that the world had sucked away all your hopes and dreams. You cut open your wrists but I stayed by your side, wrapping them for times when you couldn’t wear a jacket. Your friendship was enough to keep me going. I didn’t need a reward or any type of thanks as long as I knew we were friends.

But it all changed…How did one rumour bring us so far apart? And why did you have to tear out my heart? Our memories seem so sad even though they were the happiest times of my life. Do you even remember them?
I feel lost, holding onto something that is no longer there. Why can’t I let go of our friendship? Do you still wish we were friends? Or are you happy without me…

Everything bad in the world seemed ok because you cheered me up… But now everything seems to be getting me down. You threatened to kill yourself was that ever true? Because mind games is what you’d like to do. I still care about your feelings but you don’t care about mine.

All I want to know is if you are ok. Do you have new/better friends? Because in the end to me it doesn't matter if we are friends as long as you’re happy.
I just want to know… Do you remember me? And do you miss what we used to be?


The author's comments:
I wrote this piece from life experience and i decided to make what i am going through into a poetic story i suppose.