So Here I Sit | Teen Ink

So Here I Sit

By hailey121 GOLD, Van Alstyne, Texas
hailey121 GOLD, Van Alstyne, Texas

"Beauty is Self-Confidence applied to the face"

So here I sit, yet again alone with my thoughts. The world continuously moves and goes on without hesitation, and I am but a speck of dust littered among the ruins of time. No one can hear my voice above the echoes of the wind, and others cover my footprints. I am left with nothing as the selfish inhabitants of this place take it all for themselves, leaving nothing behind for anyone to use. I am just a thread woven through the fabric of the universe, a thread that will be replaced when its length is to short to be used anymore. I have a small role; so minute to everyone else’s that it goes unseen. I am lost in a world where time moves so fast, blurred together with the rush of people’s lives. I am a blurred line on earth’s canvas; and so here I sit, alone with my thoughts.

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

I understand. Writing or poetry is the one of the containers, that I can use. If that makes sense. Also, you're welcome. I really liked it.

hailey121 GOLD said...
hailey121 GOLD, Van Alstyne, Texas

I appreciate the feed back.  I know i am not alone but at certain times when i felt i was,  the only thing that would help me was to write.  I was able to write what i felt and it helps show  those who dont understand how hard it is to go through something like that and let them get a glimpse into the mind of someone with depression.  Its not an easy fix but it has something i have overcome and can help others with.  Thank you again for the feedback and thank you for caring

This is really great, but there are a few things I want to disagree with. You're not alone, and you do have role. Those are the only things, I want to disagree with. You're a treasure, and I hope you know that. And I know it's hard not to feel this way becaus I've felt this way. Thank you, for sharing this.

GlareKillman BRONZE, Lake George, New York

"I am Nobody, who are you?"
-Taken from Emily Dickinson's poetry

This captures the Nothingness. The character has come inot Realization. The Realization that we are Nothing and that time trumps all. I love it. Write on girlie.

Athena19 SILVER, Central Point, Oregon

'Love people. Cook them tasty food.' -Penzey's Spices

Wow this was really deep! I liked the imagery of the blurred line, that made it really easy to picture. I think the length was perfect!