Low heartbeats | Teen Ink

Low heartbeats

March 19, 2014
By Anonymous

She was almost dead. Or she was still alive, which would sound better. Her heart was pumping. Very low, but this little thing protected her before death. The young girl was losing so much blood. Too much. Her whole body was covered in her blood. The girl was lying on the ground in an empty alley, screaming, crying and moaning. Her hair was wet and her clothes as well. The victim cried for help, but nobody helped her. She pressed her right arm against her chest. A sharp knife hurt the arm. The light red blood was running on the ground and the white T-Shirt she wore was completely soaked with her blood. A person must have tried to kill or just injure her, but there was no person near the teenager. She was alone. The girl was lying beside the sidewalk in the dark night which was only illuminated by a street lamp.

Although her screams were growing more quietly, somebody – a young man – heard her. The man got closer to the hurt girl. He didn’t hesitate for one moment, as he hurried to the injured.
He was not talking. Only acting. He might have been a doctor. Or he was perhaps a student of medicine because of his young age. The girl noticed her rescuer, but she could not explain to him what terrifying crime happened to her. The young man attempted to stop the bleedings. Not a chance. The wound was too deep. He had to bring her to a hospital, or she would die in a couple of minutes without any further professional medical care. Unfortunately, the next hospital was far away.
The girl was risen up by the stranger, who tried to carry the helpless teenager to a taxi. The man put her over his shoulder. Her condition was like a coma or a delirium. No actions or reactions, but she was still alive.
But how long does that lasts? She moaned something unintelligible. The man accelerated his steps. He had to rescue her! They got to the next corner. Suddenly, a taxi drove through the alley. The man waved his hand to stop the driver.
“Hurry up! I’ve got a bleeding girl. She’ll die if you don’t drive as fast as you can to the next hospital!”
The taxi driver looked completely shocked at the blood covered teenager, as the man put her onto the backseat. He shut the doors and the taxi driver accelerated.

They got to the hospital, but as the ambulance men carried the girl into the building to treat her wounds, she was already dead. It was too late.