Youth Gone Wild | Teen Ink

Youth Gone Wild

April 23, 2014
By NizZzy1 PLATINUM, Arrowsmith, Illinois
NizZzy1 PLATINUM, Arrowsmith, Illinois
40 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Like Moves On
Things Happen
I am my shadow self


I stand here looking out the window of my prison. In other terms my bedroom, the palace of many things in a teenagers life, video games, music, tv and in my case drums. Yes I may be a band nerd but what makes me different is the idea that i'm not mainstream like every other teen. Growing up in the Land of Lincoln, the land where every factory worker is laid off within a week, and every man, woman and child has the open opportunity to have the chance too want to move to Indiana.


In my case my one and true wish is to move to another state I’d like it to be Kentucky but instead of it being that I’m stuck here in the land of Lincoln where my only inhabitants is the nicely sized room in my parents house. Filled with the many open choices. Choose my life too being living in the world of where the common man sends his kids to the school of the county’s choice and where they are chosen to be the best they can be. It may seem like all colors and cash, the many people who chose to be along for the ride. Their parents back their kids with a huge amount of cash, flowing down the river of many fallen ideas along with the many corrupt people on the idea that they have the idea of being the right person in the situation they are being put in.

Now whether they belong in the position or not is the real question. If you have gone through the many speeches and ideas of the many people who have lived on the same hell that I have for the last sixteen years. You would understand the pain I have been through in the past couple weeks. Just like those corrupt politics I have been talking about, I have the same viewpoints of these people. I feel that you have the choice to make something of yourself. YOU have to prove that you can belong and make something of yourself, and nobody else can choose the path. If you have the right ideas of the people that influence you, like your parents and other people thats have made you wanna be the person you have become today.

Their could be countless people that do that. Musicians, this is the huge impact of the modern american boy now. Many can be related back to other ideal figures, such as Presidents and other political leaders.


The author's comments:
I thought I should write this piece about what you think when you walk into my room and how much you take in. I hope you enjoy.