The Shadow of A Dream Land | Teen Ink

The Shadow of A Dream Land

May 6, 2014
By MZeke BRONZE, Stillmore, Georgia
MZeke BRONZE, Stillmore, Georgia
2 articles 0 photos 7 comments

I walk by the door, it’s closed, but I still hesitate to move forward. I know what’s behind it. The shadow of a dreamland. I must go in. Every fiber of my being longs to be on the other side of that door. It will not be the same as it was when I last entered, for it has been put to sleep and will not be awakened for some time, but just to relive the memories will be enough for me. It will be dark, I know, but I enter anyway. There is something I must know. Are they still there? I make my way down the dark path. I knock my shin several times on things that are hiding in the darkness, but I see a light in the distance, so I follow it until I come to the stairs. I slowly ascend them and come out into the warm light. Then I search. I do not look on the ground, but instead to the sky. Yes, there they are. They shine in glory, bearing the purple of kings. They still hang there in the sky and that makes me smile.

Standing there in the warm light, I am flooded with memories of the adventures that took place here. It is so great and wonderful that I find myself laughing out loud and breaking the endless silence. Soon I must leave. All that is here are memories. Memories that I love, but at the moment there is nothing more. As said before, it is merely the shadow of a dream land, but soon it shall be awakened once more.


The author's comments:
Just a quick adventure.