Killers of the World – Part 1 | Teen Ink

Killers of the World – Part 1

November 10, 2014
By Rae_Cobra GOLD, Altamonte Springs, Florida
Rae_Cobra GOLD, Altamonte Springs, Florida
10 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We are destroying the world. We should fix it. We are killing our planet. We should revive it. We are not doing much to help the people. We should do more for the people. We are always fighting. We should try loving." -Rae Cobra


Prologue
To Reader,
     There's always a person in the world that says they can fix the world. Well let me tell you something. The only thing that can fix the world is not a human. Why? Because most of the time, everything is about money, power, items, etc. Because of these needs, people will bend to get what they want. If something stands in their way, they remove it. This is way there are no longer trees in the world. This is why there is almost no drinking water. Humans are killers of the Earth.
~Gwen Rivera

 

Entry 1
Dear Diary,
     Mom always talked about how the Earth used have lush forests, fresh water, animals running wild, etc. Now she's dead. All because of these stories. As a little girl I used to tell myself these stories over and over again in my head. When I got older I started to comprehend more about what these fairytales got people who told them. Now that the world is destroyed, we live in what feels like a prison. Anyways, I've got to go, Diary, or I'll get caught. Good night.

 

Present
I blame myself for my Mother's death. After all, she died because she told me the Stories. Now, I was about to die, just like her. The same way. You're probably wondering what is going on, how my mother died, and all that stuff. I'll get to that later. Let me tell you the basics first. My name is Gwen Rivera, I am seventeen years old, and know the truth. Men destroyed the world. Now those destroyers are the New Government. Now they are massacring those who know the truth. So, I hope you read on and know the truth.

 

Past?    

"I told you I didn't tell her anything!" I woke to my mother saying. "She doesn't know about anything. I swear it!"?    

 I open my eyes drowsily, wondering silently what was going on. I could just see four figures through the doorframe. One looked like my Mom and Dad while the other two I didn't recognize.?    

"Ma'am," said one. "We're going to have to take you into custody."?    

"What?" my Dad's gruff voice asked with a trace of anger. "You aren't taking my wife anywhere you son of-"?    

"Sir," interrupted the other person. "If you don't willingly come then the penalty is two years in confinement."?    

I crawl out from under my covers, my small hands reaching to open the door that separated the four people from myself. As the door swung open, four heads swirled around to stare at me.?     "Sweetie," my Mom began, "go back to-"?    

"Ma'am, you need to come with us. Now." said one of the officers. "With the child."?    

"No." my Mom said furiously. "She knows nothing. Please, let her stay."?    

"No Mommy! Don't go!" I cried, as the two officers started cuffing her. "Please, don't leave me!" I ran to hug her, my silvery white hair flew behind me, my emerald green eyes full of tears. I hang on to my mom as tightly as I could before the two officers pulled me away from her. Through my tears I watched my mother going into the car with officers.
~ ~ ~
A few days later, Mom was up on trial, found guilty for treason agains the Government, and excucuted. Then, weeks after, my Dad was found in the street, a bullet through his head. I was only eight when my parents died.


The author's comments:

If you have the time, please comment and rate this article! I would really appreciate the feedback. Thank you for your time!

 

-Rae Cobra