Thoughtless Wandering | Teen Ink

Thoughtless Wandering

By Iggy_Fang112 BRONZE, Daytona Beach, Florida
Iggy_Fang112 BRONZE, Daytona Beach, Florida

Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.

And

Pain is inevitable; Suffering is optional

You hurried along the dark street, the wind lashing your hair around your face. Thunder rumbled in the distance. The moon was high in the sky, and the sun had long since disappeared behind the tall buildings surrounding you. You felt a few drops of  rain, and then it suddenly felt as if the heavens had opened up. The rain sliced down in hard, fast, angry droplets, stinging your skin. In just a few seconds, you were completely soaked. The dark alleyways that offered some protection from the rain called to you to stop to come in, and you were tempted to obey. But you pressed on, knowing they housed more than just rats and garbage. Plus, you were more drunk than you had been in a long time, and home was just a few more blocks away. You stumbled along, trying to get there as fast as possible, almost falling more than once. You finally reached the apartments and began climbing the stairs to your floor, the rain pelting you. When you finally reached your apartment you tried the door, only to find it locked. You grabbed your keys from your pocket, fumbling with them as you tried to get the correct key into the keyhole which seemed to have suddenly shrunk. Your hands were numb from the freezing rain, and you almost dropped them. You finally gave up on getting the key in and threw it off in your frustration. You dropped to the ground, no longer caring if you were soaked or not. You fumbled for your phone, cursing when you found it dead.