A Part of Him | Teen Ink

A Part of Him

January 7, 2009
By Cori Fine GOLD, Congers, New York
Cori Fine GOLD, Congers, New York
12 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Looking out the window, she stares at nothing to escape from reality. She wonders what the meaning of life, is and is always scared for the future. She begins to remember the times she used to have playing and smiling; what happened? Her mother calls her for dinner but she ignores her, and instead she puts on her jacket and plugs her self into her own world. Now she is outside searching for advice through the fresh air. As she watches the cars pass by this voice that she despises gets played in her head over and over: Jacqueline I cheated. Every time she hears that terrible voice from her ex boyfriend in her head, she goes insane. She screams. She starts to run, throwing out all the negative thoughts and energy she has in her body, taking in the positive. For the first time in months she lets it out, she lets it all out. Tears begin rolling down her face and into the corners of her mouth. She keeps on running until she can no longer take it. The cold air shoved into her face makes her lips numb. “Jacqueline pull your self together!” she says to her self. “Forget about it, forget him.” She passes his house and before she does anything unbelievable, she continues back home. Every single house in her neighborhood is the same. She has to wipe her tears off her face to distinguish which house is hers. She walks in her house taking off her jacket. Walking up to her room, she yells into her pillow, wishing this had never had happened. That terrible voice is once more being played in her head. She tears apart every memory she has of him, rips his face off her walls. Throws everything away, throws her thoughts away. She threw everything into the garbage, her thoughts, his face, his voice.


She looks into the mirror and puts on a fake smile, pretending everything is fine.
But then she comes to realizes that she will have to face more than her thoughts, his face and his voice. She will have to face the moments they spent together and all their memories. Jacqueline is going crazy facing the fact that a part of him will stay with her forever.