The Text | Teen Ink

The Text

October 26, 2015
By AnayeliBrito BRONZE, Houston, Texas
AnayeliBrito BRONZE, Houston, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It was late August I would call this “The story of Two Loves” but not this time it felt more like the beginning of the móvie “The Beauty and the Beast”.
  It was 10:00pm my boyfriend had just texted me saying “hi” and me answering as usually, every time we texted he made me feel as if I was wanted or as if I was being loved but not this time, not this night. I thought I had lost him, his love, his affection as we texted that night he seemed as if  he had bad news, as if he was scared or as if he thought that texting me was wrong l decided to ask him what was going on and as I suspected nervously, I knew there was something wrong because he didn't even texted me with hearts and Kisses and neather with that emotion or spark that we used to have every time we texted and as soon as I turned my phone off I received a text from him at  11:20pm saying “I'm sorry for doing this and I don't want to hurt you trust me that's the last thing I want to do, but l can't keep being by your side if I don't want to so i'm just gonna  be clear once and for all I don't want to keep being your boyfriend I just felt sorry for you and all those Kisses and hearts were just a Whole bet, I made a bet with my friends that you will fall in love with me and you díd i'm sorry for playing with your feelings I don't mean to upset you”.
  As I read it I wanted to kill myself at that moment but then I saw my phone blinking he had send another message and I felt hope for a moment as if he was going to come back to me, but then I read it, it said “please!!!!! Please!!!! forgive me I didn't mean to do this but as the time went on I just thought that you deserved to know the truth and the fact of me and you being together just had no meaning and keeping you from finding your true love was just not letting me sleep and for months I just couldn't get that out of my mind it's all I  thought of day and night I just feel guilty and sorry”.
  I cried and cried but then I realised that it was better for me to know now then waste my life time with someone who had said loved me but never díd I decided to start over but without him in my life so two hours later I texted back “I wish you have had never done this to me but I understand that you never loved me and I could never make you love me but that gave you no right to play with my feelings like that and it most certainly gave you no right to bet my love because I was thought that  love is puré and only and yes I díd love you and I sure did love you like no one else so if you think you hurt me you are way wrong you're just hurting yourself by losing my puré and only love just for a bet”.
  I learned that no man should be trusted because no matter how close you are to him and no matter how much time you have spent with him he can always be hiding something that in the future it can hurt you in so many ways.