Losing | Teen Ink

Losing

November 16, 2015
By kay.kay.17 BRONZE, Dublin, Other
kay.kay.17 BRONZE, Dublin, Other
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Rain poured down on the small town of Arlee, Montana. The windows spotted with raindrops, the laughs of small children as they jump in puddles. I smile. It was the first day since my father passed. I was always close to him. We were like two peas in a pod, inseparable. And then he was ripped away from me. Just like that. One minute he’s asking me for water, the next minute, machines beeping, screams and tears. I was restrained by a doctor and brought into the hall. I collapsed. My breaths were heavy, vision blurry. I sat in that hallway, wondering what he would have said if I had only been there. I didn’t even get to say goodbye. A little girl approached me. She sat down next to me. I looked at her. Her cheeks were tear stained.
“It sucks losing someone you really love,” She looked at me and smiled.
“Skye? Dinner’s ready,” I snapped back into reality and glanced at my mom.
“Not hungry,” I looked buried my face in my knees.
My mom smiled and shut my door, I know she’s concerned. I see a father come out in rain boots and scoop his kids up. A tear streams down my face.
“Skye. Skye! Skye, honey wake up,” I open my eyes.
“Morning Dad,” I smiled.


The author's comments:

Just a little short story. Making a longer version soon!