Changes happen | Teen Ink

Changes happen

February 21, 2009
By Rayinator BRONZE, Greymouth, Other
Rayinator BRONZE, Greymouth, Other
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I am the Author of my own life -- unfortunatly i am writing in pen and can't erase my mistakes."


Chapter 1: Text message

The one simple text message that could ruin anyone's day just arrived in my inbox. Those seven words that make you burst into tears as soon as you set sight on them.
I read the words over and over again in my head, making sure that I had read them right and not made mistake. But they never changed no matter how many times they rolled around in my head. I was; No! I was furious. The words that made me feel this way were so simple but yet so mean.
I'm sorry; it's not you it's me.
These words are what no girl wants to hear. I chucked my phone against the wall and with a thud and a crack; it fell to the ground in pieces. I sat and stared at the pile of metal that had made my day so bad.
'Honey, what was that noise?' mum yelled, slightly worried but annoyed that I had interrupted her yoga. I could tell.
'Nothing mum.' I yelled as loud as I could but my voice broke at the end.
I knew that mum wouldn't leave it, and sure enough I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. A couple of seconds later mum stood at the door her eyes fixed on me and the tears that came gushing down my face.
She ran towards me,
'Oh honey what's wrong?' she asked concern in her voice.
I didn't answer I knew that I would break into sobs even more than I was know, so I just sat there and stared at the phone. Mum followed my gaze, and I could tell that when her eyes set sight on the phone she realised that something had happened between me and Eddie.
She lifted my chin so she could see into my tear filled eyes.
'Honey what did he do?'
I couldn't get the words out so I reached across to my desk and wrote it on a piece of paper. As soon as she read them she hugged me tighter and this made the tears fall out even faster.
'Shhh, honey it's going to be okay.' she said trying to sooth me.
I didn't believe her how could this be okay?

After about ten minutes of straight crying, my eyes had no tears left so I sniffled and grabbed a tissue to wipe my eyes and nose.
'Fealing better?' mum asked
Was she joking I just got dumped via text and she's asking just half an hour afterwards if I feel better.
I think she got my feeling when she looked at my face.
'I'm sorry hunny, what am I saying of course your not okay.' She said giving me an even bigger hug than before.
The corner of my eyes stung I wanted to let out more tears but there was none there to let out. I needed to get a hold of myself. I gently pulled mums arms off from around me and stood up.
'I need some fresh air I think I'll go for a walk.'
'Okay hunny.' She said with a sympathetic look.
I hated when people did that I just ignored the look and started to walk towards the door. Once I was outside the fresh crisp morning air filled my lungs. I needed to think about everything: Why had he dumped me? Had I done something wrong? Wasn't I good enough? Did he find someone else?
That last thought made my heart ache with pain what if he had? Had he been seeing her when he was with me? How long had they been together? Who was she? Someone I knew?
These thoughts keep rolling round in my head as I walked down the long street into town. It was a cloudy day it looked like it was going to rain. It was like my feelings were coming out through the clouds.
I walked past lots of shops that were flooded with people and baby's crying. Until I found my favourite caf', I thought I deserved a little treat with the morning I've been through. I put my hand in my pocket and cheeked if I still had my wallet, and with luck I did. I walked into the caf' with my head held high I didn't want people do see me miserable.
I got a hot chocolate and a blueberry muffin my favourite, and it was the last one maybe my like was picking up.
'Six dollars fifty' the lady behind the counter said.
I handed the money over,
'Gracias' She said
'De nada.' I replied, I had learnt a bit of Spanish at school.
I walked away with my plate in my hand toward a window seat. I looked around to see if I recognised anyone luckily the were all strangers. I sat picking at my blueberry muffin and sipping my hot chocolate. When I heard a familiar voice it was deep, I lifted my head to put a face to the voice. That's when I saw him his gorgeous brown eyes and his wind swept black hair. My heart started aching again. When I turned to see who was standing beside him, my mouth fell open and I thought I was going to burst into tears right there and then, but I had to hold it in. Draped all over him like a clingy little bitch was my best friend or should I say EX best friend. How could she, she knew I was totally in love with Eddie. Eddies eyes searched the room for a seat that's when his eyes spotted mine and he froze in his spot.
'What are you looking at' Lilly said but paused when she was about to talk again when she spotted me.
We both just stared at each other for awhile. I just rolled my eyes got up and handed the empty plates to the waitress.
'Gracias, muy bien.' I said
'De nada,'
I walked past Eddie and Lilly and pushed them out the way.
'Cat wait!' She yelled after me.
I just kept walking I couldn't be bothered arguing with her I didn't even want to look at her. The tears were back and I could feel them falling out of my eyes and down my cheek.
'Cat' she yelled again 'Wait!'
I spun round facing her anger flooding through me.
'Only friends call me Cat!' I yelled.
'Let me explain.' she said
'Oh I think it's pretty easy, you stole my boyfriend when you knew I was in love with him.' I said as my eyes gazed over to the caf' door to see he was watching his eyes all sympathetic. I rolled my eyes.
'It wasn't like that.' She started to say.
'I don't want to hear it.' I said and my voice broke and tears continued to fall down my face.
Eddie started to walk forward, I couldn't handle talking to him hearing his voice my heart would fall to bits, surely one heart couldn't handle all this pain.
I turned and ran. Tears flowing out of my eyes I could barely see I couldn't stop I didn't turn the way to go home and Eddie probably knew where I was going, and in the way I left he would tell Lilly and she would follow. I didn't care I wouldn't talk to her I HATED her I never wanted to see either of them again, but I knew that was impossible I go to the same school I'd have to see them together all the time.
I kept running until I got to a sign that said AFGANISTAINE TRACK 15 minutes return. I didn't slow down I just kept running no matter how puft I got I kept running until I got to the very top. The view took my breath away I sat down on the seat, and let the pain over take me tears still falling down my face. I felt tired and weak I didn't want to live here maybe I could move, then I would never have to see them again. I knew mum would never go for it though. I closed my eyes trying to make myself fall asleep so I could get away from everything for just a couple of hours, but I knew it wouldn't be safe to fall asleep in the bush. I tried to open my eyes but they were so heavy I couldn't. I felt myself slip into unconsciousness.

The author's comments:
This piece, i thought every girl could relate to, it is only the first chapter, and if you want more please tell me.