Ruby. | Teen Ink

Ruby.

June 6, 2016
Castiels.Freaking.Trenchcoat SILVER, Columbiana, Ohio
9 articles 7 photos 66 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Family don't end with blood, boy." ~Bobby (Supernatural)


You're an angel fallen down, won't you tell us of the clouds
You have fallen from the sky. How high? How high?

I touch your cool cheek, the skin getting colder by the second.

Only hours ago you were alive, laughing, warm to the touch.

My stomach churns as I stare down at your pale body.  No one has shut your eyes yet.  Their glossiness makes my eyes water. What I wouldn’t give to see the vibrant color that once was held there.  I already miss the way your eyes crinkled when you smiled.

I feel the tears rising as I look at you, wishing I didn’t have to see the cuts and bruises that would never heal.  I touch a cut on your skin, willing the marring to go away.  But it never will.

You're true and pure

You hold the cure

Only hours ago you were laughing.  Your skin warm to the touch.

I stare down at your still body, willing your heart to beat one more time, for your chest to move once again, for your eyes to clear up and for you to smile one more time.  What I wouldn’t do to see your smile for the last time, to hold your hand again and feel you holding back.  My heart breaks even farther just to see you like this.  To see your once brown skin, pale and lifeless.  I don’t know if I can let you go.

We're all diseased

You hold the key.

My stomach churns and I force myself to turn away from you, not wanting you to see my tears as if you were still alive.  You always hated it when I cried.  You never knew what to do...

Remember the day you came to me crying?  The day you finally left home.  You were so lost, so scared.  Do you remember how you felt?

That’s how I feel…

You're an angel fallen down

Only hours ago you were laughing.

I turn back to you, pressing my lips to your cool forehead one more time.  Squeezing your hand once more.

I’m the one to place the white sheet over you face.  I know I can do this.  I have to let you go.  Even if it kills me.  I’m sorry, darlin’.  I love you.

And I will always love you.

Your eyes are the last thing I see, their glassiness staying with me. 

Won't you tell us of the clouds?

How high, how high?


The author's comments:

This story is written to the song Ruby by Twenty One Pilots. I would recommend you to listen to the song while reading this.