Dear Future Self | Teen Ink

Dear Future Self

By Stifling_Darkness BRONZE, Cromwell, Connecticut
Stifling_Darkness BRONZE, Cromwell, Connecticut

Dear Future Self,
          I hate it. I hate myself. I look into a mirror and I see the good aspects. But the flaws outweigh the rest. My nose is too small, my forehead too big, teeth aren't white enough, smile isn't pretty enough. I'm not pretty enough. I'm not good enough. For him, for anything. I'm average. And I hate it. I hate my personality, the way i look, how i dont know who to be because i spent so long trying to live up to other peoples expectations instead of my own. I could never make them proud, could never prove them wrong. 
        But you. You're something else. You proved them wrong. You did it all. You got that job you wanted, you're teaching kindergarten special ed and you're making something of yourself. Making a difference in people's lives. In the world. You did what I never thought I'd be able to. You've grown since highschool, mentally, into a better person. You look into the mirror and you see all the flaws but you can look past them because you know that you're perfectly imperfect and that's the best thing about you. You know you have a great guy who loves those imperfections more than anything else about you. But then again, that never changed. You made your parents proud and you made everyone see how truly amazing you are. You did it all. And you loved every second. 
      Or at least I hope you did. I hope I do. Because if all else fails, I don't know where to go. Please don't prove me wrong. Please don't let me fail. Good luck. You will succeed. I will. 

Love Always, 
Cassandra

WolfWhisperer0911 BRONZE, Austin, Texas
@Stifling_Darkness I am happy that you're thinking on going back into writing. Writing will help you a lot and it will comfort those that are having a hard time like you did. Once again, I look forward to your work!

@SpeakerofWolves Thank you so much. It honestly makes me feel so much better knowing that people like my work. I stopped writing for a while but I really think I'm going to start back up again. It's people like you that give me the motivation to.

WolfWhisperer0911 BRONZE, Austin, Texas
@Hanban12 @reach4mars @kissthemoon Guys!! Take a look at this!!1

WolfWhisperer0911 BRONZE, Austin, Texas
@Stifling_Darkness I am glad that you are ok. I am just reading your comment right now smiling and my parents are looking at me weirdly. IMAO Just, don't stop writing. I definitely look forward to your work!!

This was an old peice. It was supposed to be inspiring lol. So many people see it as sad but that wasn't how it was meant. I have a fantastic fiance, and my family is... semi there for me lol. I know I'm loved. Thank you for reading (and commenting) my work, it's appreciated.

WolfWhisperer0911 BRONZE, Austin, Texas
Oh my god. Please Cassandra, don't feel that way. God is with you and he loves you so much that he gave his son Jesus Christ to save us. There are lot of people, both friends and family, that love you. Never forget that! God bless you! -SpeakerofWolves

mikekingwolf said...
mikekingwolf,
well i aggre too sad story

Ivan/wolfie said...
its a great story but after all it is sad to see a girl thinking she cant be someone better

Israel said...
This story was sad about a girl douting her self