Thoughts of a Gunshot Victim | Teen Ink

Thoughts of a Gunshot Victim

By PK4evr ELITE, Allen, Texas
PK4evr ELITE, Allen, Texas

When life gives you lemons, make grape juice, then watch everyone wonder how you did it!

He heard an angel calling his name. That was what it sounded like, at least. The blinding pain filled his chest. He knew that it hadn?t entered into his heart, not his lungs, but somewhere still vital.

Things were fading. Sounds, objects, the voice (for there was only one) and his life. It was all fading.

His heart was faltering, and he smiled and closed his eyes.

This is Luke's thoughts right after he is shot by Aaron.

PK4evr ELITE said...
PK4evr ELITE, Allen, Texas

It's way too long to post on teenink, so that will probably not be happening. However, almost everything fiction on here is an excerpt, except for Departing, Coming Home, She Sabotaged my Suicide Attempt, and One Action, Many Consequences. Just click on "more by this author" and you'll find plenty of material from my series.

PK4evr ELITE said...
PK4evr ELITE, Allen, Texas

He didn't die. As I told the last guy, this was an excerpt and I'm sorry for not mentioning that. In the main story, he does not die. It is only implied in this article.

arElana PLATINUM, Fair Lawn, New Jersey
i disagree. i think instead of elaborating on the situation, you should make it longer with the feeling, and a protest against death. otherwise, youre an amazing riter. plus i feel better that im not the only one that kills of their main characters

PK4evr ELITE said...
PK4evr ELITE, Allen, Texas

This was meant to be an excerpt, not a full story. I forgot to explain.

bubbasamantha GOLD, Woodville, Ohio

Most dreams don't come true on their own; you have to make them true.  It takes a lot of work.  It's not easy, but not impossible, either.

A good start, but I think you could do a little more. Maybe you were going for the whole keeping it short and sweet thing, but in my opinion I think it would be better if you added onto it! Maybe talk about how he was shot, why he was shot? You know, give a little more information on the situation. Just a little advice! Overall, very nice!

Denae Worcester BRONZE, Castle Rock, Colorado
Good job.

You accomplished a lot in a short while. You could leave it as is (though it defintely needs the title to better explain the situation!) or you could add it to a story somewhere else. You're very descriptive.

bluejay31 SILVER, Scottsdale, Arizona
nice story. A little short, but I think it really got to the point and it was simple and clear. Try to elaborate and add some more detail to this story, I think that it'll become a really good story.