Last first time | Teen Ink

Last first time

By enoffert BRONZE, Hoffman Estates, Illinois
enoffert BRONZE, Hoffman Estates, Illinois

The beeping of the monitor over and over again.  The dim lights surround me i a little room with only one window overlooking a parking lot.  I stood 7 floors up looking out the window with tears flooding my eyes. Nurses and Doctors rush around behind me.  The clanking of feet on the floor rush through my ears. I stand there my mind blank. Beep. Beep. Beep. Silence.  That’s the last thing I heard before the tears take over my body. I collapsed to the floor drowning in the sea I have created.  The room is filled with silence. I stand there thinking about all the love we have created in this world. From the first time we met to our first date.  The hours we spent talking on the phone at night and our out of this world walks on the beach. It feels like just yesterday we said I love you for the first time.  As the years passed our love grew. 8 short months ago we got our first house together. 8 short months ago we got married on the beach in July. And in one more month our first child will be born.  The worst part it you won’t be there.