Tears Like Rain | Teen Ink

Tears Like Rain

By sydneykurtz GOLD, Battle Creek, Michigan
sydneykurtz GOLD, Battle Creek, Michigan

"I don't want to survive. I want to live."

A perfectly shaped teardrop rolled down his fair, soft skin. I felt his heartbreak from where I was standing across the room, and we shared a look of despair with each other as he looked up. His footsteps were in unison with mine as we made our way to each other. We ran the rest of the way and I jumped in his arms when I had reached him. As he held me, I could feel his heart begin to beat again.

He gently placed me on the earth and his head slowly became close to mine as he leaned in to kiss me. I reached behind his head and carefully messed up his hair as we shared a kiss after being apart for so long. I felt his hand clutch my waist while his other hand was stationed on my lower back. It felt like we had been kissing for centuries by the time he pulled away.

“Oh how I’ve missed you.” He said as he scanned my body taking in every inch he had lost.

“I would have followed you to the ends of the earth.” I said staring into his green, yet golden eyes.

“I know you would have, that’s why I had you stay here.”

“Was it scary Cam?”

“It was, but not as scary as the thought of losing you.”

He leaned down once more, but before we kissed he flashed the same smile that I fell for years ago. My attention that was placed on him was quickly grabbed by the goosebumps running along my spine as his cold hand met my warm back. I refocused on my love for him and reminded myself of how lucky I was to call him my own. How manipulative time can be, and how gullible humans are. How gullible I can be. He pulled away from me and I sat up in my bed with tears running down my face. For he did slip away from me, and there was nothing I could do about it now.

I wrote this story after my first heartbreak. I decided that putting my feelings on paper might help, and this story was born. It may not be perfect, but it is filled with emotion and it helped me through one of the lowest points of my life.