Dangerous Love | Teen Ink

Dangerous Love

January 9, 2019
By nhoho12 BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
nhoho12 BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Katie was a high school cheerleader with blue eyes and blonde hair who was a secret nerd getting good grades and loving the subject of math. However, Jeremy was a tall, skinny, weak high school senior who was on the chess team and was socially awkward around women. Katie was in the popular group while Jeremy was friends with the nerds. It was half way into the semester with Jeremy and Katie never speaking a word to each other until the math teacher Mr. Belise picked Katie and Jeremy to work on a math project together that would be 70 percent of their final grade. Katie comes to sit by Jeremy very slowly with her popular friends chucking at her having to work with a nerd. Katie asks Jeremy “Do you want to work on this project at my house on Saturday”. Jeremy nods, still not saying a word. The weekend is here as Jeremy is very nervous to go to Katie’s. He gels his hair, puts on cologne, and takes a shower having to look and smell good to impress Katie. Jeremy rings the doorbell as he starts to profusely sweat and his hands shaking. Katie answers the door and welcomes Jeremy into her home. Katie and Jeremy walk up the stairs into her room. The first thing Jeremy notices is all of the honor roll certificates hanging up by her cheerleader medals. “Katie is a nerd like me”. Jeremy whispers. Before they work on the project, Katie open up to Jeremy about her struggles with showing her friends who she really is. Katie and Jeremy get so engaged in their discussion about how hard it is with their social life in school that they lose track of time. Jeremy checks his phone screaming “Dang, It’s midnight, I have to go”. Katie walks Jeremy out of her house but gives him a hug before she closes the door. Jeremy is so excited that he does a touchdown celebration in Katie’s Driveway. The next day at school in Math, Katie’s friend Jessica notices Katie talking to Jeremy and yells rudely “Why are you with an ugly geek like Jeremy”. For a couple seconds, Jeremy’s face was really red feeling embarrassed. But what happened next sparked the relationship between the two as Katie says “I happen to like talking to Jeremy, he listens to me, not like you guys.” Katie was willing to sacrifice her place in the popular group to get closer to Jeremy and that’s exactly what she did. Every weekend following that day. Katie and Jeremy would go out to the movies, mini golf, bowling, and Katie learned how to play chess just for Jeremy. Things were getting pretty serious after 2 months when Katie was anxiously waiting for Jeremy to ask her out. After 2 months of dates and meeting each others families, Jeremy knew he should ask Katie out on their next date. On their next date, Katie put on makeup and made sure her hair looked really good for this potentially special night. Jeremy picked up Katie acknowledging how good she looked and drove to the movie theater. The movie theater was their first date and was a perfect place to ask Katie out. 30 minutes later, Jeremy and Katie were sitting in the recliners. Wasting no time, Jeremy puts his arm around Katie. Time was ticking to ask the question as Jeremy knew that her biggest pet peeve was talking during movies. Jeremy gently grabs Katie’s hand and looks straight into her dreamy blue eyes. “Will you go out with me”. Jeremy nervously asks. “Of course, your the guy I’ve been waiting for “. Katie excitedly utters. Jeremy reaches in close to her face, puts his hand on her cheek, and presses his lips next to hers. After 20 seconds, they both lean back as Jeremy puts his arm around Katie not being able to stop smiling. The lovebirds have been dating for a year since that night as nothing can stop them, or that’s what they think. One night in April, Katie was throwing up constantly, was very cold and was very weak. Katie's mom was very worried, crying all the way to the hospital. This wasn’t the flu, this was something more serious. Katie was diagnosed with Breast Cancer after multiple tests. Katie was balling, she was very scared that she would die. 2 hours later when Kaite stopped crying, her mom drove her to Nathan’s house. Nathan opened up the door, saw the tears start to flow and immediately was worried. Katie told Nathan that she had breast cancer. Nathan gave her a 5 minute hug and reassured her that everything would be alright and that she would walk and get her diploma on the graduation stage. After 7 painful and grueling months both physically and mentally, Katie lost her battle to Breast cancer with Nathan right by her bedside, crying more then when his mom passed away. “Say hi to my Mom up there, I love you Katie”. 2 months later, Jeremy graduated and got his and her diploma. After the ceremony was over, Jeremy drove to Katie’s gravestone and placed the diploma alongside the gravestone. “I’m so proud of you”. Jeremy says. The summer before college was very hard for Jeremy missing the love of his life. 2 months after being diagnosed as depressed, Nathan went to the movie theater seats where Katie and him spent most of their time and pulled out a gun, placed it up to his temple and pulled the trigger. Before he shot himself, Jeremy left a note on Katie’s seat saying “I’ll see you soon my love”.