Oh, how much I loved her. | Teen Ink

Oh, how much I loved her.

May 5, 2009
By MusicL0v3r28 GOLD, Forks, Pennsylvania
MusicL0v3r28 GOLD, Forks, Pennsylvania
11 articles 0 photos 12 comments

I pulled silently into the driveway across the street, making sure my headlights were off.
Knowing the neighbors they were away for the week.
I walked into the backyard, being cautious.
I jumped up the garden vines, pulling myself up onto her bedroom porch.
I landed with a little thump, trying not to wake anyone else.
I knocked quietly on the glass doors... watching her roll over meeting my eyes.
I smiled. She smiled.
She jumped out of bed, and skipped over to me, outside.
She opened the doors, but I was starteled. She jumped and put her legs around my waist.

"I missed you," she said into my hair.

"I missed you too," I said remembering me going off to Paris for a month, leaving her behind.

She laced our fingers, kissing the tip of each finger.

Oh, how much I love her.

She walked me into her room, it looked the same as it always did. Lime green walls with the checkered boarder. Her room filled with pictures of her memories, family, friends, and us.

I looked at myself in the mirror. Seeing me. Someone who's emo, but she still loved me.
For who I am, not for someone I'm not.
She didn't judge me on my scars or my style.
We layed on her bed... looking at each other.
Knowing how much we we're in love.
As our eyes drew tired, I finally said...

"I love you,"
"I love you, too." she replied.

I got up swiftly... landing on my knee. I pulled out a velvet box as she questioned me.

"What are you doing?" she asked. I think she knew what I was doing, hopefully it's a good answer, then.

"Lacy, I loved you since I layed my eyes on you in freshman year. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, forever. Forever means forever. I've been looking for the courage to ask this for about three months not knowing what you will say... you're my life. I would die without you, you're the reason... the reason, the reason why I'm alive. I want you all to myself, I know it's selfish, but true. Lacy, will you marry me?" I whispered the last part... pulling out a ring. All silver dimond with a speck of black in the middle.

She stayed silent. Bad sign.

"Yes!" she screamed.

"Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" I whispered.

She jumped up and kissed me. My fiance. I liked how that sounded... Lacy, soon-to-be wife.

Oh, how much I loved her.


The author's comments:
A point of view of a guy asking his love to be with him for the rest of eternity.