My Drug | Teen Ink

My Drug

By MellowLellow BRONZE, Glendale, California
MellowLellow BRONZE, Glendale, California
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

You are my drug. You are my anti-drug. You are better than drugs. You completely intoxicate me. You poison me. You’re infatuating. I can’t stop thinking about you. I think I am obsessed with you. No, I know I am. Nothing else fills my mind but you. I swear I go through withdrawal symptoms when you are not here. My body aches to feel you close to me. My eyes constantly scan where I am for you. My ears strain to hear your voice. How can I possibly survive without you here? You are bad for me. So very, very bad. Yet I keep running back for more. I want nothing more from life than for you to spend the entire time with me. Could it be destiny I see? I don’t know. I just know that I have never felt this way before. Just the thought of you spreads through my body like a fever. I’m sick with you. So why is it that it seems I can never sate this thirst? I drink you in and I am left dry and begging for more. I feel like I am going crazy. I can’t sleep at night. I can’t concentrate on anything. I can’t even sit still. What have you done to me? You have bewitched me. I yearn for you night and day, and yet I am never satisfied. This feeling frustrates me to the point of tears. Will I ever be fully satisfied? Will I ever be able to get over you? I don’t believe so. I have become an addict. Once an addict, always an addict. No matter what treatment, or how long I go without you; I will forever be a slave to you.

This is a short piece I did for my comp journal, explaining the shortness of this entry.

AddisonP. BRONZE, Fairfield, Connecticut
I feel this way about *sighs* Tyler. He probably doesn't care about me though... After I said that I don't care about sports he probably thinks I'm "that idiot girl"

Kenona500 BRONZE, Minot, Maine

"That's the thing about faith. If you don't have it you can't understand it. And if you do, no explanation is necessary."-Kira Nerys, in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

I appreciate your gift with words. It spelled out what I had/have been going through with my current love interest. I broke up with him because I couldn't control myself when I was around him. And now I find that I'm still not over him. I hope that a situation such as this isn't what inspired you to write this. If it is, I feel your pain.

xBaByGiRrL22x PLATINUM, Pearl River, New York

"The goal isn't to live forever, but create something that will."
"If you wanna go, baby let's go; if you wanna rock, I'm ready to roll.''
"No one ever said it'd be easy. They just said it'd be worth it." <3

i agree. i can completely relate. its actually kinda sad how much:/

skisoul96 GOLD said...
skisoul96 GOLD, Flushing, New York

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today
its already tomorrow in Australia.

sooooooooooooo real. I alwaysh ave that feeling, sittingi n class and every word the teacher says goes right out the other ear cuz I can't stop thinking about HIM. I find myself writing stupid poems without even thinking. This piece shows me I'm not the only crazy out there.

kimmabug said...
wow that reminds me of what im goin through right now

weirdonpurpose SILVER, Georgetown, Texas

art is happening

i envy those of you who have your addictions close at hand... mine is oblivious to my total infatuation of him. :'(

emily23 BRONZE said...
emily23 BRONZE, Solon, Maine

Every story has an end, but in life every end is just a new beginning.

unfortunately this is how i feel about my boyfriend im almost failing all of my classes because I can't stop thinking about him! He's so...... addicting

tgir85 GOLD said...
tgir85 GOLD, Katy, Texas

"I only put you through that test to see if you would keep the faith or give up..."

OMG!!!! this is SOOO good it really describes how i feel right now!! awesomenes!! check out my work(In progress)??? ^^