Apartment Girl | Teen Ink

Apartment Girl

By beautifulpeople SILVER, Houston, Texas
beautifulpeople SILVER, Houston, Texas

"Do what you want to do but be ready for the consequences."

My date walked me up my apartment stairs. He was saying something about a great night, I don’t know. I was tuning him out, thinking about a nice warm bath with lilac-smelling bubbles. It was rude to do that, trust me I know. But he was boring.
“So I really enjoyed your company. And I had a great night. I thought the movie was good. And the food tasted really good.” Blah, blah, blah. I tried not to roll my eyes. Every guy has said the same thing.
“Oh yeah, me too. You are so funny!” I smiled and touched his arm, trying to be nice but this guy was a pain. Sure he could make me laugh but that’s not exactly hard to do. A lamp can make me laugh. The smile didn’t reach my eyes, I could feel it. He takes my hand. It was sweaty and gross. I sound like a total brat. Gosh, someone should seriously slap me. I mean the guys nice but if I stopped liking him in the middle of the date that’s bad, right? A second date wouldn’t go very well. We stop at the top of the stairs and he leans forward, waiting for a kiss. I give him a quick peck, say bye, and walk into my apartment building.
“Another date, Ms. Kristabel?” The front desk guy asks me. He always sees me with different men. I’m not a slut, though. Just a girl looking for love.
“Yes, but this one didn’t go well either. Personally, I don’t think there’s a guy out there for me. I’ve dated almost every freakin’ fish in the sea.” I sigh and push the button for the elevator. This apartment strikes me as interesting. Their front entrance looks so grand, I mean the floors actually look like real marble and the maroon walls and fancy couches add zest to the place. They have three floors that go up, and three floors that go down. I just think that’s so cool.
“Well, Ms. Kristabel there’s always someone out there. Just don’t give up.” I look back at him and pray with my eyes that he is right. He just smiles and nods his head at me, while the doors slide open. I walk in and press 2D so I can go two floors down away from the guy that I almost fell for. The memory pops into my head. When I first moved here, he was working there. The desk guy was stunningly handsome. Sharp cheek bones, a prominent jaw, black wavy hair, and these brown eyes that melted you when you looked into them, no matter how cold your heart was.
I was holding a box full of my crap when he caught my gaze, and perhaps my feet because the next thing I know I went skidding onto the floor and my crap fell out. His deep chuckle came from beside me as he started picking up the clothes. Bras, panties, you name it, it was on that floor. I get off the elevator and amble over to my door, number 52.

Nessa13 GOLD said...
Nessa13 GOLD, Charlestown, Indiana

"Love, but never fall in love, because things that fall get broken"
-Taylor Swift

This was a really good story, but why did you end it like that??

Fia-fia BRONZE said...
Fia-fia BRONZE, Bethesda, Maryland

Great story! Very well written! Thank you

:)

ambamix3 BRONZE, Orlando, Florida

We live by the sun
We feel by the moon

You are very good at making mental images for the reader, but i kind of got lost in the article.

BUT i like your story line, and i wish there was a sencond part , because i really cant see or imagine what would be next . (: thank you '

Miki-chan BRONZE, Waynesboro, Mississippi

Don't screw with Crazy.

But I do wonder, is there a sequal? It did end rather suddenly, and I would like to see what happens.

Don't screw with Crazy.

I thought this was a very adorable story, which draws you in and keeps you until the end. Keep writing!

Mel_magnfique, Salmiya, Other
this was a really sweet story. I rarely like first person narrators, but here I felt like I wanted to know more about her.

A very well-rounded story indeed.  It draws you in, and the way you express her disgust at the beginning really helps your reader feel it too...however, when you get to the part about the elevator, the "desk guy" and the memory, it gets a little confusing.  I had to read it twice to make sure I understood what you were getting at.  Excellent writing overall!

Imperfectlife SILVER, Rochester, New York
It was very good, I like it the way how you said that she spilled all her stuff in front of the desk guy.

beautifulpeople SILVER, Houston, Texas

*necessary

LaceeJade GOLD said...
on Sep. 29 2011 at 12:56 am
LaceeJade GOLD, Bucyrus, Ohio

♥ I've made mistakes in my life. i've let people take advantage of me, and i accepted way less than i deserve. But, i've learned from my bad choices, and even though there are some things i can never get back and people who will never be sorry. i'll know better next time and i wont settle for anything less than i deserve. ♥

iliked it! dont be rude. if u have something like that to say be tactfull.

1224L0v3 SILVER, Richmond, California

i agree, it ay have been better if you checked the thesaurus.

Great though!! check out my stories too, especially "Middle School"

I really don't think that a few of the words that you used were nessesary. You have so much talent, though, please don't let it go to waste by using such words.

singinginthegardn GOLD, Cowell, Massachusetts

"The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say." ~Anaïs Nin

....is...is that ALL?!?! WHYYYYY!!!???? oh I loved this, by the way. 

zadiekatie23 PLATINUM, Rio Rancho, New Mexico

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Great! Short and to the point-which is what you want in a short story. I was kind of confused at the end, with the flashback and then one sentence going back to the present, but otherwise, I enjoyed reading it!

billgamesh11 BRONZE, Grafton, Massachusetts

"It's always darkest before the dawn." ~Florence and the Machine

Nice story! It really puts you inside the life of someone who is looking in every nook and cranny for love, but they just can't find it, instead they find exasperation and frustration. I like how you included the front desk guy, that was cute, very Eloise:);) Good job!:):):);)

TAR11 SILVER said...
TAR11 SILVER, Allison Park, Pennsylvania
Cool story please check out mine, Sean Flynn, if you get the chance thanks! 

LovelySerena said...
LovelySerena, Dededo, Other

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches on the soul. ~Emily Dickinson

Lolz, lucky her, she gets to live in a nice apartment!

sids said...
no smith means that she will BECOME a mrs.

Sincerly,Jasmine SILVER, Villa Park, Illinois

"Beauty comes in its own box"

I thought the story line was great, but as in depth of a reader that i am i couldnt help but noitce that it sounded childishly worded. I think you defiantly should continue but make the sequel stronger. I would LOVE to see the next one. Great job!

kt315 said...
kt315, Aurora, Colorado

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
Maria Robinson quotes

loved it! i can't wait for more! i especially liked how you developed a strong personality for the main girl in just a few paragraphs-very nice :)