EC+AM=4ever Chapter 27 (Part 2) | Teen Ink

EC+AM=4ever Chapter 27 (Part 2)

December 29, 2009
By TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
183 articles 7 photos 484 comments

Favorite Quote:
He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.


"It's not your fault." he murmured, stroking my hair gently. I felt so safe, so warm, so protected in his arms. I sniffled and looked up at him. His eyes were sincere and full of empathy.

"Thank you," I said, letting my lips work their way towards his, kissing him softly. The car behind us honked and we pulled away from each other.

"Get a room!" the old man who'd honked at us yelled out his window.

So Cole began to inch his car forward, the traffic beginning to slowly clear up.

"What was all your fault anyways?" he asked me.

"The car accident Ms. Mongolia got into." I replied.

"Evalynne, you can't keep freaking out about that. Ash's mom will be fine and everyone will be happy again." he assured me.

"But it's still my fault."

He sighed heavily, "Well everybody makes mistakes. I've done lots of things that I regret, but I have to just accept that and move on. And so do you."

"But you don't understand, Cole. You've never cost anyone their life." I reminded him. I couldn't stand the guilt washing over me.

"That's true, but Ash should know exactly how you feel."

"Oh my gosh, you're right. How did you know he killed his dad anyways?" I asked.

"He did what?" Cole exclaimed.

My eyes widened, "Isn't that what you were talking about?"

"No! I meant that he made you want to kill yourself, causing you to step in front of that car and cause the accident. I had no clue that he killed his dad!"

"Oh," I laughed sheepishly. "Well now you know. So anyways-"

"No, no, no," he interrupted. "I want the full story."

So I told him all about the hit and run and how his dad was going to kill his mom, but Ash killed him before he could. Cole was left speechless, in complete and total shock.

"You've got to be kidding me..." he murmured.

"I wish I was." I said.

"I can't believe this! Ash killed his own father! How is he not arrested?" he cried.

"The cops took it as self-defense. They let him go, but he still feels awful about it." I explained.

"You see, everyone makes mistakes." he pointed out. "Now you shouldn't feel so bad." I wished that I didn't feel so bad, but I couldn't control the unwavering guilt that was taking over me.

We drove in silence for an hour, neither of us saying a word. "You mind if I turn on the radio?" I asked Cole, breaking the silence.

"Sure, go ahead." he told me.

So I turned the radio on, searching for a good radio station. I stopped when I heard a Taylor Swift song that I knew. We listened to the radio for the next hour and a half, not speaking.

Then, we finally pulled into a large parking lot. "We're here." Cole announced. Both of us stepped out of his car and I took in the salty ocean air.

"Isn't it beautiful?" I asked wistfully, looking out at the beach as the waves from the Atlantic ocean rolled in.

"Yeah, you are." he replied. I blushed and turned to face him.

"How sweet," I said.

He grinned, "Come on, let's go." Then he took my hand in his and we began walking towards the beach.

Author's Note: Sooo...are you guys Team Ash or Team Cole so far? Just wondering, LOL. And I'm not trying to copy off Twilight with the whole teams thing. I'm just wondering who you guys want Evalynne to end up with. :)


The author's comments:
Sooo...are you guys Team Ash or Team Cole so far? Just wondering, LOL. And I'm not trying to copy off Twilight with the whole teams thing. I'm just wondering who you guys want Evalynne to end up with. :)