What about Now | Teen Ink

What about Now

By KellyR GOLD, Richmond, Virginia
KellyR GOLD, Richmond, Virginia

We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.

When you think about someone for so long then all of a sudden it is taken away from you what do you think about? Deep inside you want to think about them, but you feel like you are intruding. You feel as though they don’t want your thoughts to be there. You know you shouldn’t think about them, you should move on. Try and think of someone else that voice in your head says, but it doesn’t feel the same. It’s like trying to fit a square block into a circular hole. You try and occupy your mind with trivial thoughts about your day, but in the back of your head there are thoughts about that person waiting for a pause in your small talk so they can sink in. No thoughts. Empty. January 13, 2010 he rejected my love. What do I think about now?

I really had no idea what to section to put this in. So sorry for the randon.

TeaganOlivia said...
TeaganOlivia, Someplace, Michigan

Today is Yesterday's Tomorrow.
Certainty of death, small chance of success... What are we waiting for? :D ♥
Pippin: "Anyways you need people of intelligence on this sort of...mission. Quest. Thing."
Merry: "Well that rules you out Pip," :D ♥
There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other."
---Douglas Everett

i can totally relate to this piece and he actually talks about things that has happened to me!! great job!! 

SilverLuna SILVER, _________, Washington

"Come fairies take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.".... W.B. Yeats.
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Loved this piece! And yes, I can relate to this too! Please read my work as well!(:

literaryaddict PLATINUM, Albuquerque, New Mexico

"We're almost there and no where near it. All that matters is that we're going." Lorelai Gilmore, Gilmore Girls
"The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound." Lady Bracknell, The Importance of Being Earnest, Oscar Wilde

this was good, and i can totally relate!!! plaese check out my work and comment/rate! 5 stars for this!!