*The Auburn Eclipse* (Part 4) | Teen Ink

*The Auburn Eclipse* (Part 4)

By JohnnyDeppLover123 DIAMOND, Holyoke, Massachusetts
JohnnyDeppLover123 DIAMOND, Holyoke, Massachusetts

Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
William Shakespeare

With quick and graceful moves he stepped down the stair and headed the direction of Skylar, Calypso and Selene. Before taking his seat next to Calypso he stood before the girls’ and smiled his brilliant smile to all of them. As he sat down all three looked at him in shock of total cuteness. Then he turned back to face Violet ready to hear the rest of her speech.

As soon as Calypso had the attention of Skylar and Selene she opened her mouth wide, pointed a finger towards Mason, rose her eyebrows as high as they could go and screaming a silent scream. After having a silent laugh they also turned to face Violet.

“Now that we are all settled we shall have the Moon ceremony. For Mason, it will be his first Moon ceremony so I expect you all to have his full support. To help you know what to do, Mason, you will ask our very own leader of the Moon ceremony council Selene for any help or questions you have” she said while gesturing her hand towards Selene. With shock Mason turned slightly to face Selene. She also turned and faced him with a smile and a small blush. Then he returned it himself.

“Now you may all be dismissed to get ready for the Moon ceremony. Again thank-you all for coming” Violet said while walking behind the curtains covering the stage. Every other vamp stood up and walked away except for Calypso, Skylar, Selene and Mason. All that Selene saw was Mason staring at her.

With a cough (the kind of cough where you’re trying to interrupt something) Calypso stood up and said “Well we should probably get ready for the ceremony and tell Mason all he needs to know about the ceremony and not waste time staring at each other!” “I suppose your right mate, well how exactly are we supposed to get ready?” he asked.

She replied by giggling after he called her “mate” (I know pretty stupid to giggle at mate but that’s how Calypso acts around hot guys) “Well we put on our ceremony clothes.” “Oh well then, lets get dressed” he replied with his breathtaking smile.

They all walked side-by-side towards the changing area in the second floor of the entertainment area. Skylar volunteered to bring Masons’ outfit from his new room (of course!). While they waited Selene couldn’t help but take a look at Mason. He was beautiful with his rock hard abs (six packs) amazing eyes, perfect hair, and breath taking smile. It turns out he was staring at her too. He smiled at the sight of her eyes and smile as did she. Apparently he had been leaning against the wall staring at her the entire time.

After Selene noticed she blushed she quickly turned the other way. With a slight laugh he also turned the other way. But in the corner noticing them was Calypso. She just simply rolled her eyes and groaned. Once about two minutes had passed of complete silence Skylar came in with his ceremony outfit. “‘Aye, thanks mate!” he said in his Australian laughed. She handed it to him with a giggle (too!).

They took their separate ways as the three girls’ entered the girls’ bathroom while Mason entered the boys’ bathroom. The girls’ bathroom was well huge (just like pretty much everything else!). It had about eight sinks all lined up against the pale white wall. Beneath them were crystal sinks that sparkled. Then were the stalls. These stalls were much bigger than ones’ that are like at theme parks for humans. These were like the width of your wing span. The floors were spotless and well white. The walls were again red but yet it was a beautiful red. Around the walls were pictures of famous paintings (but of course replicas’ of them). Like the one by Leonardo Davinci which of course is the Mona Lisa, the Vincent van Gogh self-portrait, and Georges Seurat which was the La Grande Jatte. All the beautiful paintings added so much to the bathroom.

“Mmm, mmm, mmm that Mason kid is some fine looking thing!” Skylar said trying to make the silence end. “Hell yeah! That is some sexy piece of bacon!” Calypso said agreeing. “He’s crunchy!” Skylar said. “He’s delicious!” finished Calypso. “Just like bacon!” they said together while laughing strongly afterwards and a few snorts thrown in. At their dorkiness Selene laughed too and snorted just like them.

*

*

*

In the guys’ bathroom it was the same as the girls’. Except it didn’t have stalls (I think you know what I mean). The pictures were the same and so were the same crystal sinks and mirrors. The floor it self gleamed without a speck of dirt.

As he took off his shoes, pants, and shirt he thought of the girl Selene with the beautiful emerald eyes, the brilliant white smile, perfect body and long wavy black hair. He thought of the way her skin had light tones of pink and shone with the sunlight. She was beautiful, whoever she is I’m going to find out he thought to himself.

As he finished putting on his outfit for the ceremony he looked in the mirror. The black cloak flowed all the way down to his feet to where they dragged just a bit with the floor. His golden eyes sparkled and hair was perfectly combed. On the cloak was the symbol of the school. It was the Chinese symbol for courage. It was in silver writing on his stomach area. Huh, the House of Moon… he thought to himself wondering how this new school will turn out to be.

He walked out into the hall-way listening on the girls’ conversation of “bacon”.

*

*

*

The girls’ finished putting on their silver dresses and their black cloaks over it with the insignia of the school. They too looked in the mirror and made sure their hair was ok and that their make-up was well still there. Calypso put her hair dark brown hair up in a bun and hid it under the hood of the cloak. Her caramel toned skin was looking very smooth. Skylar put her hair up in a ponytail to the side with her bangs sticking out. And Selene just simply left her hair loose and let flow out of the hood of her cloak.

“Hey what’s wrong with you Selene you haven’t mentioned anything about the new hottie” Skylar said with a worried look. She just simply shrugged and looked away not wanting them to see her blush. “Oh girl I know what’s going on!” Calypso said with a smile. “No, you don’t!” Selene said but then she noticed that she said too fast to be believed. “Ooo Keep talking Cal” (Calypsos’ nickname: Cal) Skylar said excitedly. But before Calypso could say anything else Selene ran towards her very quickly (with super vampire speed) and covered her mouth. But Calypso managed to pull Selene’s’ hand off with the help of Skylar. They threw her to ground and continued their conversation. She sat their hopeless. “Well while you were gone getting Mason his stuff he was looking at her the WHOLE time! Then she looked at him smiled and blushed then turned away because she couldn’t help looking at him any longer!” she said while showing her huge gossip smile. “OH MY GOD!” Skylar said while gasping. Selene laughed while she was on the floor at their well girliness. “It’s all true!” she said while jumping up and down. “Ooo girl he’s got the hot’s for you!” Calypso while moving her neck in a circular motion. “No he doesn’t he was probably just staring because he was in shock that I was the leader of the Moon council” she replied while getting back up.

“Mmmhhhmmm!” Skylar said while doing the same neck circular motion that Calypso did. “Well I guess we’ll find out!” she replied while grunting. “Bet you 20 bucks!” Skylar and Calypso said at the same time. “Fine!” she said while shaking on it (meaning she can’t take back the bet).

They ended the conversation about Mason. Before they left they put on their council member necklaces. Each was a half crescent moon that had silver edges and was a white that glowed. They put it around their necks and clasped it with a silver hook. Then they exited and joined Mason outside of the bathroom.

He was shocked to see how beautiful they all looked (especially Selene). Her definitely flowed beautifully out of her hood and her eyes glowed even more as did his at the sight of well her. The dress she wore flowed perfectly against her body even with the thick cloak on top. Then her smile made it feel like they were the only two people there.

As she looked at him she felt the same way. Somehow he had made her feel different. Like she was actually beautiful and actually mattered. He made her fell amazing.

“Am I really a piece of bacon!?” he asked confused by what it meant. “You heard us!?” Selene asked quickly with a worried look. “No, no, no I just heard the part of me being called ‘bacon’” he replied with a smile only meant for her. “Oh” she said in a hushed tone. “You see you don’t understand Calypsos’ language!” Skylar said while laughing. “’Bacon means well hot-sexy-delicious etc.” she said answering his question. “I see” he said while giggling. Calypso just simply stood there with a smile. “Well we should probably get going” Selene interrupted.

“Yeah we should” Skylar agreed. They all started heading towards the stairs to go to the ritual. While walking down the stairs Selene and Mason brushed each others arms just slightly sending weird warmth, tingly and electric feel through their bodies. They both looked at each other in utter surprise but then turned away from each other once again.

I hope people will get a good sense of how love actually feels and the connection between the characters.

William Shakespeare

Yeah i know...that's why it's one of my first stories and I'm not so proud of it...so thanks I really appreciate what you said that's why I keep practicing and I pretty much gave up on this story...so thanks for what you said. : ]

KiraKira PLATINUM, Cardiff By The Sea, California

Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all, pity those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

I have read up to this far and have decided that this comes a little too close to other vampire novels such as the House of Night series. Also, the characters seem pretty flat, no real life to them, and don't tell, show and paint a picture.