My Letter | Teen Ink

My Letter

By kenna2013 GOLD, Corinth, Kentucky
kenna2013 GOLD, Corinth, Kentucky

"love begins with a smile,grows with a kiss,and ends with a teardrop."

Dear You,
I want to start off by saying that I know you have a girlfriend. I know that you really like her and maybe you even love her. I know that you won’t end it with her to be with me and I don’t expect you to.

I really and truly care about you from the bottom of my heart. I don’t know how to explain the way I feel to you because I’ve never felt it before. The only thing I know for sure is that whenever you’re around me I get all nervous and never know what to say. I get this weird feeling in the bottom of my stomach; I guess it could feel like butterflies in a way. My palms get sweaty and I smile like a fool even If you’re not looking my way.

Some people describe that as being in love and I would be one of those people but I’m kind of confused. I feel like that about you but you’re with her. Can I love you when you could possibly love her? I don’t know if I can. I don’t know how this whole “love” thing Is supposed to work.

It scares me not knowing for sure where I stand with you because its not like you haven’t flirted with me, you have. In fact you were the one that came on to me in the beginning before you and her got together by asking for my number on the bus. I resisted you at first but eventually I fell for you and I fell hard. I told you that I liked you and you lead me on even while dating her you’ve led me on and done things that you shouldn’t have.

I could be in love with you but I don’t know how you feel about me or about her. A mutual friend of ours told me a while ago that all you were looking for was someone to lose “it” with. I don’t want to be that. I don’t want you to use me for something like that. Maybe I should just forget about you so I don’t ever have to worry about that? But I can’t forget about the only thing I think about.

I’m thinking of giving this to you. Of what you would say or think when you opened and read what’s in my heart. I keep thinking about it and the more I think the more I know I won’t give it to you. I’m too afraid of what you’ll think. And the more I think about that the more I know that I’m not in love with you because if I was you wouldn’t make me afraid of what you thought. Thank you for making me realizes that.

Not in Love,

Me