Of course it's you. It's always you. | Teen Ink

Of course it's you. It's always you.

By dianepoon PLATINUM, Hong Kong, Other
dianepoon PLATINUM, Hong Kong, Other

I thought today was the perfect day for a perfect day.
I thought you felt the same way as I do.

The perfect dress in my wardrobe – black and shiny with glitter on it, like the ones in fairy tales. I felt like a princess when I put it on. The collar was smaller; I couldn’t breathe, suffocating, yet I didn’t care. All I could think about was the moments you took my breath away.

I know it’s lame but I just couldn’t say it. Not in front of you.
Not because you’re my best friend but because I was afraid that I wouldn’t get the perfect answer.
Three things I look for in my significant other – caring, intelligent, mild.
You had it all.

I opened the new Anna Sui fragrance and gently rubbed it behind my ears. I don’t usually put on perfumes; I only do that on special occasions. I even saved this bottle of Anna Sui for perfect occasions. The tips of my lips curled up when I realized I was using this bottle of perfume.

I thought I knew a lot about you.
You stir coffee in an anti-clockwise direction.
You had your fringes on the right of your head because you had a scar underneath.
You thought everybody else wouldn’t notice that you had cried because your nose wouldn’t go red, but I noticed it, by the brick-red color of your ears.
You hated beef which was thicker than 2cm.
You always give me the left earphone when we listen to your iPod together.

Having you inviting me to your birthday party wasn’t surprising. The fact that I rejected the invitation and you kept insisting me to go – that, was surprising. You sounded sincere when you invited me. Your dark brown eyes were brighter than ever when I said yes. It made my heart jump all over the place and I couldn’t sleep for three nights.

You picked me up at six.
Your car’s filled with Gwen Stefani’s voice.
When your cell rang, I almost jumped. She called. Something inside me died.
I didn’t know you and her were going out. It’s only been two months since you’ve met each other.
The girl inside the rearview mirror sank, and eyes became watery.

After the party, you drove me home.
I sat in the backseat of your car and pretended to be asleep. I didn’t want to talk to you about anything. Being silent has turned out to be easier.
The only music I heard was the tapping of raindrops on the windows – rhythmic and strong, yet temporal and lonely; sounded like white noise, but denser.

Great things that happened in my life were too good to be true, because they weren’t true.
With my eyes closed, I swore I would never get my hopes up and I would never ever believe in chances anymore.
I felt my body leaning slightly towards the driver’s seat.
I woke.
I walked out of the car to the front door of my house.
You surprised me once again.
I couldn’t think straight when I saw you walking me to the door.
“Are you okay?” you asked with eyes looking like thousands of shooting stars at night, bright, yet despairing. “Yeah, I’m fine,” I replied with a smile, “goodnight.” You should’ve known that it wasn’t easy for me to say ‘goodnight’ to you.
“Sweet dreams,” you replied, and kissed my forehead gently.
I ate my words. My heart was dancing Waltz. You always have me falling for you over and over again.
Somehow, I could tell, your eyes were enough to make me realize that I should wait.

When he was walking down the stairs in front of my door, I whispered, “I’ll wait.”
He paused at the last stair.

This is my first time of writing romantic fiction. Hope you enjoy it!

I'm learning french so Merci d'avoir d'accord pour essayer d'écrire plus.

ClockworkLightbulb SILVER, Nottingham, Other
This is amazing, and I want a sequel too. :) Sometimes things should be left at cliffhangers like this, but this story needs more, I need to find out what happens. xD

PoetLaureate07 PLATINUM, Aberdeen, Mississippi

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing..

I aint spanish, but Gracias..... i just felt like bein goofy a little bit... hehe..lol

dianepoon PLATINUM, Hong Kong, Other
haha okay I'll see what I can do:)

That was truly BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep writing.... especially romance!!! I loved the twist at the end... I'll wait..... that's always the best part and perfect end to a perfect day!!!!!!!!!! Keep writing please... and a sequel is requested... =)))))