The King of Lamoria | Teen Ink

The King of Lamoria

March 31, 2010
By kairi789 GOLD, Spanaway, Washington
kairi789 GOLD, Spanaway, Washington
12 articles 0 photos 4 comments

CHAPTER FIVE

Tara woke up early the next morning. She didn’t want to get out of bed. She would rather stay in bed all day then having to listen to someone she didn’t want to. One of the maids came in with a big tray and said; here is your breakfast miss. Then she placed it gently on Tara’s lap and walked out. I want to do something fun today Tara thought. Maybe I should ride one of the horses they have here. She finished eating breakfast and slowly walked out of her room. After all I am the Queen; I don’t think anyone would mind. She kept on walking and soon came to the stables. The stable was huge with at least twenty different horses. She took the first one she saw and thought yes I can finally go somewhere by myself.


The horse was already geared up. So all she had to do was untie the lead rope and walk the hose out of the stable. She jumped up on the horse and it started to gallop. The horse kept on galloping until she came into the woods. I think I’ll name you Lillian because you’re fast and pretty. She made Lillian come to a halt as she carefully jumped down to the ground. She took out her book that she had put in her pocket earlier. I wish I could stay here forever but I can’t. Everyone will keep on looking for me until they find me. She leaned against a tree and started to read. A few hours later, she started to get very tired. She laid her book down and fell asleep. When she woke up it was morning. Oh no, I shouldn’t have been here this long. They are probably already looking for me. She went back on the horse and rode back to the stable. She put the horse back and walked quickly to the castle.

Peter was sitting in a chair in his study. It is my fault she ran away again. I should have paid more attention to her. I hope my men can find her. After all, she’s my responsibility. Phillip came in, and said Tara is back she’s in her room right now. “Thank you for telling me. I’ll see her as soon as I can.” After he said that, Phillip walked out. Well I’d better go see her now. She can’t keep on running away like this. He walked up the stairs to her room. He came into her room and shut the door. Tara was lying on her bed. “Why do you keep on running away from me?” “I’ve never done anything wrong to you.” Tara answered, “I didn’t run away.” “I only went to the woods so I could be by myself for a little while.” “I can’t just stay here and do nothing.” “I feel like a prisoner in here.” “Well I could have given you more freedom.” “But you haven’t showed me you’re mature enough for that yet.” “Oh please, don’t try to act like my father and lecture me about how I can’t do anything I want because I’m not mature enough.” “I’m not trying to act like your father.” “I just don’t know what to do with you anymore.” “I can never sit down and relax without worrying about you.” “I didn’t want to marry you in the first place.” “I don’t want to rely on anyone else but myself.” “I wish you wouldn’t have to worry about me.” “But that’s the kind of person I am.” “I don’t like anyone who tells me I can’t do something, when I know I can do it.” “I’m not going to talk about this with you anymore, since you obviously won’t listen to me.” As he was walking out of her room, he looked at her and said, “You better be ready for dinner in ten minutes.” He closed her door and went back down the stairs. Tara sat on her chair and began brushing her hair. All men treat women the same. They expect us do to whatever they say without any complaints.


I’d better be going to dinner now. I have to listen to him, even though I really don’t want to. Peter walked into her room, and said “we are going to have dinner in the sitting room tonight. I came in here to escort you there.” “So you still can not trust me.” “You still think I would run away again.” “What am I supposed to think?” “You ran away before, and got kidnapped.” “And than you ride off into the woods so you can be by yourself.” “I’m not going to let you get away this time.” “You are going to go down stairs and have dinner with me.” “Well I can’t argue with you about that.” “I can’t keep on lying to myself.” “I’m married to you and there is nothing I can do about it.” He linked his arm with hers and walked with her down stairs to the sitting room. They both sat on the couch and started to eat the food, which was placed on the table across from the couch.

Tara gently said, “I can’t complain about this food.” “I mean it is extremely delicious.” “Of course it is; I have the best chefs in this country.” “You said you don’t like to rely on anyone.” “You are going to have to rely on me whether you want to or not.” “I always have to make sure you’re safe.” “If anything terrible happened to you I would be blamed for it.” “All of you men have such stupid rules.” “It’s like we’re children to you.” “When something bad happens we’re expected to sit and wait for our husbands.” “I’m sorry, but you don’t need to worry about me all the time.” “You just have to believe that I’m smart enough to get out of trouble by myself.” “How am I supposed to believe that when you haven’t proved you’re trustworthy?” “You haven’t done anything to earn that trust yet.” “Maybe I haven’t yet, but I don’t like the idea of someone owning me.” “I do not own you, I’m married to you.” “I’m not going to let you leave me.” “That is almost the same thing.” I’m not allowed do anything I want unless I have your permission.” “It’s your duty to listen to your husband.” “You were born to be Queen after all.” “I don’t know why I’m talking to you about this.” “You think the same way as all the other men I know.” “I’m finished with my food.” “I want to go to my room now.” After she said that, she got up and went off to her room. I hate this place. I want to go back home. At least it was better than living here. She lay down on her bed and went to sleep. She dreamed she was running in the grass with no one else there but herself.