Fire Heart8 | Teen Ink

Fire Heart8

By natygrace1217 PLATINUM, Jefferson, Maryland
natygrace1217 PLATINUM, Jefferson, Maryland

trying is failing, doing is succeeding.

Chapter 8: Endless Night Alone

He walked away from me,
And got in his car. I huffed as I walked into the house. I ran as fast as I could without tripping to my bedroom.
I sat at the edge of my bed and waited patiently for him to come home. For my home to come to me, his chest was where I belonged.
I missed the fever like heat from his chest stinging and rushing through my body. I missed the pounding of my fire heart when he called me ‘sweetheart’ and his green eyes looking at me.
After what seemed liked eternity I looked at the clock. It had been three hours. I huffed and leaned back on my bed.
I fought myself to keep my eyes open, but I had been so tired from the overwhelming day. My eyes shuddered and closed. I rolled over my back towards the window. I was on the edge of the bed, plenty of room.
I didn’t know it, but my door opened. Something large shook my bed as they laid on it. “Hi Sweetheart.” The sweet recognizable voice filled the air of the tiny bedroom. I fluttered my eyes open and looked at his tender face.
Drew was lying next to me on the bed. “Hi.” I murmured. He kissed my forehead lightly, and I felt the surge of heat rush through my body. I slammed my head into his chest and whimpered.
“What’s wrong?” He asked quietly. “What do you think is wrong? Where the hell have you been?” I yelped. “Sweetheart its okay I was doing something. I am sorry I’m here Honey I’m here.” He rubbed my hair while my face was buried in his chest. “Sweetheart look at me.”
I pushed harder into his chest. He pulled me off of him. I dug myself deep into my bed and scooted away from him. “Sweetheart,” He started. He pulled me up to look at him. I closed my eyes. He rubbed his hands over my eyes and they flickered open. “I am here for you. I always will be.”
He whispered in my ear. “Where the hell where you to be doing something that you had to ignore me and where I was?!” I asked boldly. He shook his head. “I was eating.” He was very serine and calm.
“Couldn’t it wait?” I asked in a shrieking voice.
“Ugh not unless you want me to go berserk and topple over you, and hardly stand to be around you, because I want so much to tear your tiny delicious body to shreds.” He was still calm. I rolled my eyes and shuddered.
“I’ll think that excuse over.” I muttered quietly. He grunted. “You really need sleep. You look exhausted.” I shook my head. “I am not sleeping. I am not tired. And I have no desire to sleep really.
I, (Yawn) I am not tired at all.” He rolled his eyes. “Sweetheart you need to sleep.” I rolled my eyes and sat up. He huffed obviously frustrated with me. “Ok I will make a deal with you.
Tomorrow is Saturday and we can do something together. If you go to sleep now. But if you don’t go to sleep we will have a boring day.” I rolled my eyes. “Boring day with you? Please like that will happen.”
He folded his arms. “Aaralyn Sandra Harding. No defiance. Go to bed, and this is an order.” I could see the smile peeking. I smiled and snuggled up near his chest. “Sweetheart go to sleep. I am here and I am not leaving.” He whispered lightly into my ear. He stroked my hair as I closed my eyes.
He started to hum something that was unrecognizable. It was beautiful though. He slid down and laid his head on my back. “I’m here Sweetheart I’m here. I will never leave you. And if it is dangerous, I will fight it off until I die.
I will do whatever it takes to keep you safe.
And if it is the last thing I do, I will come back to you. If that is what you want. I will give you what you want, but only if it is in the best consideration of you. Sweetheart I will do whatever it takes to keep you safe.
I will. You have my vow.” His voice slowed and deepened. It turned into a whisper.
“Keep talking. I need you to ensure me you’re here.” I muttered. “Sweetheart I am here. I love you so much it is more than I can handle.
But I will get stronger, and so will my love. It will deepen every second I am with you. But I remind myself every second of every day and night that I am here for you, and I need to be strong for you.
And I will be strong for you no matter what it takes. I know one thing for sure. Well maybe a few. That I am here because of you. That I know how much I love you, but I am digging for more of that love, and it is outpoured.
That every second of every day you are the picture in my mind. Your face is my grave stone almost. The thing I will see forever. The only thing about me besides my appearance that is never going to change is the picture in my mind.
Sweetheart you are the only picture in my mind, the single one. And there will always be a single picture in my mind. And it will never budge from the glorious and elegant frame holding it. I love you.”
He whispered. He felt me drift into sleep, and he kissed my forehead.
“I love you.” He breathed into my hair. I gripped him tighter feeling the heat.