Blue Sky part 12 | Teen Ink

Blue Sky part 12

By jenx0x3 DIAMOND, Swampscott, Massachusetts
jenx0x3 DIAMOND, Swampscott, Massachusetts

Everyone was upstairs getting in their beds and I, of course was already in mine. I was reading Romeo and Juliet for about, the third time well I was kind of reading it but occasionally I would peek up and watch Eric as he was getting ready to go to bed. I saw him turning around to face me so I stuck my head back into my book, he kissed me on the forehead which made me look up. “Goodnight, sweet dreams.” Eric said smoothing back my frizzy hair before he slid into the mattress on the floor which served the purpose of being his bed. “Goodnight, Eric.” I said closing my book, placing it on the nightstand and turning out the light.

***

My stomach started hurting which woke me up a bit, it wasn’t hurting too bad so I turned over on my side and tried to fall back asleep hoping that the pain would subside. Suddenly my stomach lurched and I hopped out of bed. Eric sat up in his bed hearing me “I’m going to-” but I stopped there, put my hand over my mouth and ran to the bathroom. Luckily I found my way to the bathroom quick even in the darkness. I fell to the floor and puked my guts up in the toilet. Eric was behind me holding my hair back and trying to sooth me with comforting words. I coughed and wiped my mouth with the back of my hand; I quickly flushed the toilet feeling even more nauseas from the look and the horrible smell. I laid down and pressed my cheek to the cool bathroom floor, it felt good against my hot pale skin. I heard the sink running from above me, I hadn’t noticed Eric move, now he was wetting a small wash cloth. I closed my eyes seeing the room spin and I really wanted to wash the awful taste from my mouth. I grabbed the top of the toilet and slowly pulled myself up being careful not to make myself sick again. Eric grabbed my other hand and pulled me up. Once I was on my feet I saw myself in the mirror, I was as white as a ghost! I filled a cup with water, swigged it and spit it out in the sink happy to finally get that disgusting taste out of my mouth. Eric wrapped his arm around my waist, took my hand and he slowly, carefully dragged me out of the bathroom shutting the light off on our way out. I trudged behind him, I was just so tired that Eric was holding me up, he was basically carrying me. As we walked into my room and I slowly got into my bed Eric said “Are you okay? Do you want me to put a bucket here or…?” I laid down and turned on my side tucking my knees up to my stomach before answering him. “No that’s okay I just want to rest.” Eric walked over to the end of my bed and put his hand on my face. I put my hand over his and held it there. “Okay, go to sleep now and feel better in the morning. If you think you are going to throw up just tell me I will be right there.” Eric said pointing to the mattress on the floor. I turned over to lay on my back and I closed my eyes. Eric put his hand over my head to check my temperature. “Jeez you’re hot, here this will cool you off.” Eric kissed me on the forehead then replaced his lips with a cold wash cloth. I closed my eyes and rested hoping that I would sleep through the rest of the night soft and sound.

Sorry I took long to put more of my story up I hope you like it!