Empty Thoughts | Teen Ink

Empty Thoughts

By AshlynSerora BRONZE, Riverview, Florida
AshlynSerora BRONZE, Riverview, Florida

Always found in ink wells and paper hearts..

I looked at Kari and gave her a sweet sad smile. She didn’t need to see this. She nodded, an honest concern in her eyes. I loved her and hated her all in one moment.

I turned to Ashe. “Tell him I don’t want him here as a friend.” It was barely a whisper. She squeezed my hand and nodded. “But, please, don’t say it front of her,” I said as she reached for the door handle. She paused and sighed before she opened the door. I couldn’t see or hear anything after that.

After a few minutes I got up and stood at the window. I had a full view of the hospital parking lot. There was his truck, right there, in the front, closest to the door.
I don’t remember my empty thoughts as I watched him burst out of the hospital doors. He crossed the entrance lane without even looking and an angry driver honked his horn. He didn’t seem to notice or care as he ran and kicked his truck tire in frustration. Kari apologized to the driver and rushed after him.
He stood there, his face in his hands and his back to me. Kari hesitated before she wrapped her arms around him. I watched his shoulders heave from the sobs I would never hear but will have always caused. My heart couldn’t go out to him anymore that it already had since it was something he carried with him in his pocket.

Ashe came into the room and quietly held me.

No, I don’t remember what my thoughts were, but I remember what I felt as he and I both cried because of one another.
Neither one of us leaned into the person who held us.

AshlynSerora BRONZE, Riverview, Florida

Haha thats ok.. it was just one of those things you write when you're bored. its part of a larger story so it makes sense to me. I'm not putting too much effort into this one so the rest of it wasn't posted.  I'll have another (much longer, and fully completed) story posted soon I hope. its more of a fun, fantasy type story vamps, werelights, pixies ect. Although I'm debating on whether or not I should split it into sections or just put it up as one giant post (i think its around 14 pages idk)  Anyway thank you so much for commenting on my work i was so excited when I read them haha I'll comment on your others soon when i can and I'll let you know when my story makes it up ('cuz i really want for you to read it haha its unlike my others that are on here) thank you!!

Jess95 GOLD said...
Jess95 GOLD, Morgan Hill, California

If I were you I'd promise to live life for all it's worth, take all you've been given and leave your mark upon this Earth. Trust your heart to show you everything you need...and if you were you, I'd fall in love with me. -unknown

fear not, for I am with you;

be not dismayed, for I am your God;

I will strengthen you, I will help you,

I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
(Isaiah 41:10 ESV)

Im a little confused..what exactly is this one about?