Look. | Teen Ink

Look.

By weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California
weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California

"Done & Over"

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."

"People should be able to say how they feel. How they really feel. Not, you know, some words that some strangers put in their mouth."

I could cry every single day and you would never notice. The red eyes, the constant sniffs- listen, see- see me. I'm crying, gosh darn it. Can't you see?

Oh right. You can't see me. You can't see the tears. Then why are you looking? I see you from the corner of my eye. Your brown eyes seep into mine. You never look away, but you never say anything either. What are you looking at? Me? It doesn't seem like it.

Say something. Your looking again. Say something. The temptation overwhelms me. I wave. Then my heart sinks. You turn your head the other way. Right into her face. HER face and her long blonde hair, her rosy cheeks, and her wide, cute smile. She bats her eyes. What a flirt. You glance at me one more time and find me staring again.

I shake my head and look away. Once I feel your gaze fall back into hers I look. Your kissing HER. Thank you. Thank you for providing such wonderful entertainment. She sees me looking at her and her make out session becomes too passionate.

I can't take it anymore. I get up and walk away. Right past them. Right past HIM. I'm done, Shawn. Bye.

random writing:)

DifferentTeen PLATINUM, Seaford, Delaware

"There’s no such thing as true love, just spurts of insanity—falling over and over again, thinking that won’t happen to me"

Holy crap. I so feel you on this one. Theres this guy I've known for like ten years, and he goes out with this girl who I don't really think is good enough for him. He tells me he doesn't think they'll lastso why is he with her? Oh yeah, and when you said brown eyes, that struck home. He has brown eyes too. Anyway I love your style, and all your work. (:

weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California

"Done & Over"

lol, that's what everyone told me. i changed it, but i changed it after i had already posted this:( so yeah... haha, i changed 'shawn' to okay:)

ThatClarinetPerson SILVER, Tequesta, Florida

"Life. Don't talk to me about life."
~Marvin the Paranoid Android (from the Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy series)
Statistical analysis suggests that i am probably in tune with someone
(hahahahaha! I love this cause i'm never ever ever in tune >o

yeah. i totally get it :) oh, just had an idea! maybe if you took out "shawn" and just left it with no names, because then it would be like the reader could be the narrator and they could imagine themselves there. i always thought that was easier when none of the characters were identified.

weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California

"Done & Over"

u do get the 'i was there the whole time didn't u see me?' kind of thing?

weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California

"Done & Over"

it was really random... 'cuz i just left my old school. and i was reminicsing about this guy i had known since like preschool... and as i was thinking i was remembering this kind of moment. and i got all depressed so i wrote all depressing haha... sooo... u love my writing but feel its random? haha

"Life. Don't talk to me about life."

i love your writing, but i think this is just a little bit over done. it kind of feels random, which, as you said, it is.