EC-AM=Heartbreak (40) | Teen Ink

EC-AM=Heartbreak (40)

By TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois

He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.

1:00 p.m.
Evalynne’s House

Ding Dong
I eagerly scrambled over to the door, excited to show Will the journal I’d found in Michael’s room. Today would be the day that Will and I would put a stop to Michael’s murdering.
“Hey,” I greeted Will when I opened up the front door.
“Hey,” he replied with a smile.
“Come on in,” I told him, stepping away from the door. “I’ve got something to show you.”
He walked inside and I led him over to the kitchen table where I’d left the journal. We both sat down across from eachother and I slid the small journal across the table to him. His eyebrows creased together in puzzlement.
“What’s this?” he asked me.
“Evidence,” I remarked with a beaming grin.
His eyes went wide and he flipped open the journal. I watched his facial expressions change as he read through it. He went from shocked to angry to horrified to upset to disgusted. Then it went back to shocked and started all over again. By the time he was finished reading it I thought he’d have an emotional breakdown.
“I can’t believe this.” he muttered. “Where did you get this?” He looked up at me with glassy eyes. He looked like he was on the verge of tears.
“It was in Michael’s room. Underneath his mattress.” I explained to him. “Michael and your parents had both left the house so I decided to do some snooping in his room.”
“You broke into my house?” he inquired incredulously.
“Um…yes,” I replied. When I said it out loud it kind of made me sound like a creeper. But I had good intentions behind it! I’d found the proof we needed to have Michael arrested hadn’t I?
“Why would you do that, Evalynne? Why wouldn’t you just wait until I got back so we could go together? Did you honestly have to break in?” All of this questioning was making it seem as if he was…angry with me.
But that wasn’t how it was supposed to be. Will was supposed to be thrilled that I’d found proof against Michael. He was supposed to be proud of me for taking the risk of sneaking into his house in order to find that proof. Why was he getting so angry?
“I was just trying to find the proof we needed to have Michael busted. Isn’t that what you wanted?” I asked, my voice shaking a bit.
“Yeah, but I didn’t want you breaking into my house.” He looked at me, narrowed his eyes. “What else did you look at when you were in my house, Evalynne?” he demanded, his tone grave.
“N-nothing…I just searched in the guestroom that Michael’s staying in.” I hated lying to Will, but I couldn’t possibly admit to him that I’d looked in his room either.
“Are you telling me the truth?” he inquired. The look on his face was grim. It scared me.
Slowly, I nodded. “Yes,” I said softly.
“Are you sure?” His dark eyes bore into mine.
“Yes,” I repeated.
He let out a small sigh of relief and nodded, confirming that he believed me. I gulped, swallowing back the truth that I knew I couldn’t tell him. “Ok,” he said, finally breaking his deadpanning stare.
“So are we going to turn this into the cops?” I asked him.
“Oh yes,” he replied, smirking eagerly. “And I’m sorry I got so mad at you just now. I guess it’s actually a good thing that you broke into my house.” He smiled at me apologetically and I smiled back.
“It’s totally ok. I should’ve called you to make sure it was ok or something.” I replied.
He shrugged, “Well that doesn’t matter anymore. What matters is that we have the proof we need to get Michael arrested. And we’re going to use it.”
I grinned at him and our eyes met. He looked away bashfully, causing me to remember that he still had a girlfriend. He still didn’t like me. And even after Michael was arrested, things would still be the same between Will and I. Nothing was going to change. He wasn’t going to fall in love with me just because I’d found the proof to get Michael arrested. This wasn’t some fairytale. I couldn’t always get whatever guy I wanted. I should’ve known that by now. Just because Ash and Cole had liked me didn’t mean that every other guy on the planet had to.
“Hey, I’m going to go grab my car keys real quick. But meet me outside by my car and we can head over to the police station.” Will said, interrupting my thoughts.
“Ok,” I replied, nodding my head in response. He gave me one last small smile before standing up to leave, taking the journal with him.
Once I heard the door click shut behind him, I stood up and walked upstairs to grab my sweatshirt. But right when I stepped into my bedroom, my phone began to vibrate in the pocket of my jeans.
I pulled it out and flipped it open to find that I had a new text. From Will. Curiously, I opened it and read.
HELP ME
My eyes went wide with shock after reading it. A million thoughts raced through my mind all at once. Michael had found out. Will had walked in and Michael had seen the journal in his hands. He was going to murder him. At least that’s what I was assuming, but dreading at the same time.
Hurriedly, I shoved my phone back into my pocket and raced downstairs, forgetting all about my sweatshirt. I sprinted out the front door, across my front lawn, all the way to Will’s front door. It was open just a crack when I reached it, so I breathlessly pushed it open the rest of the way and stepped inside.
It was dark. All the lights had been turned off and I couldn’t see a thing.
Then I heard the door shut behind me and I pivoted around just as the lights switched on. Michael was standing there, Will’s cell phone in one hand, roll of duct tape in the other. “Hello there, Evalynne. I see you got the text I sent you.” he greeted me, holding up Will’s phone as an evil grin spread across his lips.
And before the gasp even escaped my throat, he was coming right at me, pressing a strip of duct tape over my mouth. He pushed me down hard, sending my sprawling to the ground.
I rolled over, about to get up, but he was already kneeling down beside me, holding me down. I was surprised at how incredibly strong he was, stronger than I’d ever imagined any normal human could be.
He held my wrists behind my back and began wrapping a tight layer of duct tape around them. Then he clutched my forearm and yanked me to my feet jerkily. I stumbled and almost fell right into him, but he caught me before I could.
“I didn’t want to have to do this, Evalynne.” he said as he dragged me over to a chair. That’s when I noticed that he had already duct taped Will’s mouth and wrists just like mine, along with his ankles. Except they weren’t duct taped together. They were each duct taped to the legs of the chair he was sitting in.
Michael shoved me down into the chair which was right next to Will’s and duct taped my ankles to the legs of the chair. “But you betrayed me.” Michael continued. “And now you need to be punished.”
At that moment, Valerie walked out of the kitchen and over to Michael with two glasses of water in her hands. She handed one to Michael and kissed him delicately on the cheek, snaking an arm around his waste.
I glanced over at Will, who’s eyes flooded with tears when he saw her. His lower lip began to tremble and all I wanted to do was wrap him up in a hug and tell him that it was all going to be ok. Although, at the moment I wasn’t so sure it was.
Will and I were trapped inside a house with a psychopath after all. I was so petrified. Michael was going to end my life right here, right now if I didn’t find a way to get help. If only I could get to my cell phone. If only Michael hadn’t duct taped my hands together behind my back.
“Thank you, Val,” Michael said to Valerie, eyeing Will smugly.
“You’re welcome, baby,” she replied smiling seductively at him. I caught Will wincing out of the corner of my eye and could almost hear the loud crack of my heart splitting down the middle. Watching Will go through such an immense amount of pain was like a bullet going through my heart. That’s what let me know how much I truly did love Will.

Only a few chapters left!!! I'm getting all excited now! Lol, enjoy :)

oh yeah & it was getting good too! lol i'll definitely go read it :)

OfficialApprover PLATINUM, Orefield, Pennsylvania

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
We cannot change the cards we're dealt just how we play the hand
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
It's pretty easy to be smart when you're parroting smart people
-Randy Pausch

Red as Coals, Black as Night.   You already read some of it, but I've posted more.

yeah definitely, what's it called?

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
-Randy Pausch

Wow, this was great!  Very suspenseful. Please write more soon!  And will you check out some of my more recent articles, especially my novel?