He Loves Me ~ He Loves Me Not (5) | Teen Ink

He Loves Me ~ He Loves Me Not (5)

By Kaylin_Mackenzie GOLD, Tomball, Texas
Kaylin_Mackenzie GOLD, Tomball, Texas

"You might not like me, but Jesus thinks I'm to die for!"
"L.O.V.E's just another word I'll never learn to pronounce...."

Room 229. 229. 229. I couldn't find my first period class. Great. Just great. As I searched for my class, Geometry, I made sure to look around every corner for any sight of Damien… or pie. But I managed to focus on finding my Geometry class. Urg. I hate that class. Who even cares about shapes and equations and formulas? Because I sure don't. But of course, no one cared about what I wanted or I wouldn't have been there in the first place.

225. 227. 229. 231. Oh, wait! Back it up. 229, finally. I opened the door of the classroom I finally reached and walked in hesitantly. Smiling innocently at the teacher standing in front of the class, I turned toward the back of the room only to be stopped.

"Ah, Miss Emma Jones, I presume?" An older woman who looked to be in her sixties gazed at me over her glasses that were placed on the tip of her nose.

I hate when teachers say stuff like that. ‘Oh are you the new person?’ Well, duh! Have you seen me around before? Didn’t think so. I didn’t say that of course. I just nodded my head without stopping or looking at her and continued towards the desk in the back of the room.

"Yes well, I'm sorry but I would have to ask you to come to the front of the classroom and tell us a few things about yourself." Ugh. I really didn't want to do this. I sighed with my back still facing her, and turned to walk in the direction of the front.

"Mm-mm-mm-mm-MM!" Turning towards the source of the sound, I saw a really hot guy looking me up and down from his desk. His blonde hair covered one of the most amazing green eyes I had ever seen in my life! He wore the casual boot-cut jeans with a red polo shirt and a black and red hoodie over it.

"Say, Josh?" His eyes bore into me as he nodded at the guy sitting in front of him. The guy turned around and I saw that he had brown hair and the most mesmerizing chocolate brown eyes in the universe.

"'Sup?" He asked. Then he saw me. It was as if he were swept into a whole different dimension. He just stared at me. Our eyes didn't connect and I didn't feel anything toward him at all other than, what the heck is he staring at? "Oh, well what do we have here?"

A smirk crossed Blondie's face as he replied. "How you like your meat, Josh?"

"Hmm?" He contemplated obviously he had heard this one before.

"'Cause I like mine Emma Jones style!" Finally stopping staring at me up and down, the guy looked me in the eye.

“Would you like fries with that?” Josh asked. I had a feeling they weren’t talking about the kind of fries you get from a restaurant…

“Mm! Make mine an extra large, baby!” He kept eye-contact with me and it seemed like there was a little something; not much, though. He smirked again and started to run his eyes all over me, stopping at my chest.

I rolled my eyes and began my way to the front of the classroom. "I think I'm too pricey on the menu for you. Maybe you should go down to the kids menu!" Pause. "Oh and fries make you fat."

Everyone in the classroom "ooh"ed at my comeback as I got to the front of the room where the teacher some how missed everything that went on.

"Okay so I'm Emma Jones and I moved here from Texas. I don't want to be here and..." I didn't know what else to think so I just looked at the teacher.

"What was life in Texas like?" She asked.

"Uh... I lived in downtown Houston so there was always something going on. So, yeah." Eager to get back to my desk, I scurried along not bothering to look at Josh or Blondie.

Once I got there, I noticed a note on my desk all folded up neatly with "Emma" written on the front in girly font.

I opened it to find more girly writing in green ink. It read;

“Hey Emma! So I noticed that you and that hottie Damien were close and all. I was just wondering if you could, you know, talk to him about me. Maybe hook us up if you know what I mean!! *wink wink* Here’s my address. If you could give it to him, that’d be great. Kisses, Lexie”

Gag.

She actually thought that Damien and I were close! As if! And just the fact that she actually wanted to hook up with him… ew!

Before I could think anymore about it, the bell rang releasing us from class. The rest of my classes whizzed by… that is, until fourth period. I walked into the classroom, 188, English AP. Writing was one of my strongest abilities; I wrote poetry, stories, some novel attempts, and even some songs. Don’t tell anyone about the whole writing songs thing, though.

So, I walked into the classroom on time but to my dismay, the teacher caught me.

“Ah, Ms. Jones?” He looked around forty; his hair was falling out and he had no hair on the top of his head.

“Uh, yeah.” I just wanted to go sit down. Please don’t make me introduce myself. Please don’t make me—

“Introduce yourself, please, to the rest of the class.” He gestured towards everyone in the room and I took it all in. I didn’t see anyone I recognized which could be a good thing, could be a bad thing depending on how you look at it.

I sighed and was about to begin when the bell rang. Not two seconds later, the door creaked open and someone walked in. Just by the way he was dressed with his black hoodie and jeans on I could tell it was a guy. His hood was covering his face so I couldn’t tell you what he looked like. He sat in the back of the classroom behind the only empty desk in the classroom and looked up at me.

I wasn’t paying attention to him; instead I began speaking.

“Hey, I’m Emma Jones and I moved here from downtown Houston, Texas. I, uh, like to draw I guess?” I shuffled to the desk in front of the guy and took out my notebook and a pen. My song lyrics burst into my head, and I just had to write them down. I know, I know. Writing lyrics in the middle of class isn’t smart but what the heck, right?

“Nice song, Emma.” Someone whispered in my ear from behind me. Oh yeah. That one guy that came in late.

I whipped around and came face-to-face with Damien.

Joy.

Not.

“Uh!” I grunted in exasperation. “What do you want, Pie Boy?”

“Pie Boy?” He smirked at me in amusement. “So you have a special nick-name for me? What happened to ‘Jock Boy?’”

Blankly, I stared at the delighted Damien. “Pie Boy suites you better!”

“Hmm? I guess I’ll have to come up with a nick-name for you!”

“Seriously? No.” I commanded.

“Seriously? Yes.” He mocked my tone.

We just stared at each other for awhile, me glaring and him smirking, when the teacher smacked down his hand on my desk. I jumped and turned to face the front.

“I said, Ms. Jones, I would like you to read that poem you’ve spent your entire time during my class writing, out loud to the class.” The teacher sucks.

“I…uh…” I stuttered. My songs were classified; nobody knew that I wrote them. Well except Pie Boy… but it’s not because I wanted him to or anything, he just eavesdropped on my work.

“You… uh… what?” Everyone seems to like to mock what I say. Urg.

“I would rather not.” No one could know about my songs. It’s just a good thing that the teacher here thought it was a poem, or I would be screwed.

“Then I would suggest paying better attention in my classes.” He turned to walk away as the bell rand dismissing my class and many others to lunch. “Oh and by the way, I’m Mr. Marcum.”

I nodded, gathered my things, and went to my locker to put them away. Once I reached it, there was a girl there with brown, flowing hair and really pretty hazel eyes. Her face brightened up when she saw me and she ran in my direction.

“Hey!” She said. “I’m Aleah. I’m in your English class.”

I nodded remembering. “Oh yeah. You sit next to me.”

“Yeah. I just know how hard it is to be the new girl, and I wanted to know if you would sit with us at lunch!?”

I told her I would and put my things in my locker.

“Who is ‘us’ by the way?” I referred to the people she said we would be sitting with at lunch.

“Just me, this chick Alexia, this cool guy, Erik, another chick, Maddie, and then this one guy, Kade.”

I nodded and followed her into the cafeteria. She showed me where we sat, and before I could introduce myself, strong arms wrapped around my waist not allowing me to escape. I wiggled a little, and then eventually gave up.

The one Aleah said was Kade squealed, “OMG! You know Damien Parker!?”

Aleah mouthed at me, “gay” and I nodded knowingly. Then I remembered what Kade said. Damien? Was Damien holding me?

The grip on me loosened and I was able to turn in the embrace of the arms to face the one holding me. Unfortunately, Kade was right. It was Damien.

“Miss me, Emmy?” He whispered so that only I could hear.

“Yeah, no.” Why would I miss him again, exactly?

“Well, I just wanted to say, I found your payback!”

“Excuse me?”

“I found what I’m going to use as payback against you!”

“Uh-hu. What’s that?” I tried again with no success to free myself from Damien’s grip, but he wouldn’t let go.

“I took a picture of you!” He smirked at me. What is with this guy and smirking?

“Stalker!” I yelled, but not loud enough for that many people to hear.

“Ha! Why would I waste my time stalking you? We live next-door to each other.”

“Don’t remind me. Now let me go.”

“No I don’t think I will.” He sighed.

“Then hurry up with what you were going to say.”

“I took a picture of your song and I’m going to post it all over the internet!”

He is so dead!!

Payback's a... bad... thing... That works; it starts with a "b". :)