Summer Full Of Lemonade: Chapter 3 | Teen Ink

Summer Full Of Lemonade: Chapter 3

November 13, 2010
By emmernemmer PLATINUM, Stockton, California
emmernemmer PLATINUM, Stockton, California
25 articles 0 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
"the pen is mightier than the sword"


Chapter Three



That morning I have to say the window seat has a great view at night but in the morning it is way too sunny. There is a curtain we have for in the morning and I was surprised to see it was already closed. Liam must have closed it when he went to bed. Must have. But he’s always up early why should he care about if the window is covered or not. Figures Liam is full of surprises. I got dressed in the bathroom and headed downstairs.

When I got there I found just my mom.

“Morning.” I said.

“Morning.” She replied.

“It was nice this morning. Liam apparently closed the curtain when I fell asleep last night. So the sun wasn’t in my eyes.”

“Good.”

“It’s weird though. Last summer he would have been glad to leave it open.”

“Very weird.” My mom got this funny look on her face.

“What is it.”

“Well you two have known each other for so long and your fifteen and you know...”

“MOM! That’s so weird. That’s creepy!”

“Well like you were saying he’s been much more helpful and things. It is certainly a possibility.”

“La, la, la, can’t hear you. Where are Liam and Clara anyway?” Clara is my younger sister who’s thirteen. She thinks Liam is an angel from heaven. Meaning she flirts a lot.

“They went to the store for me.” The nearest grocery store was half a mile away. Poor Liam. Clara will drive him insane.

“Cool. When?”

“About a half an hour ago, they should be home soon.”

“Okay. Can I have some of those chocolate chip pancakes?” My mom made my favorite!

“Okay my little lovesick daughter.”

“MOM! I’m not lovesick!”

“I know.” She said with a sly smile. I rolled my eyes and she laughed.


...


As I ate the last of my breakfast I heard voices on the driveway. Liam and Clara (the flirt) were back. Let me see if I can save poor Liam from here clutches. I probably will. I’ve had enough practice.

When I got to the end of the driveway I saw Clara talking and Liam looking a little bit pained. Poor guy.

“Hey guys.” I said when I reached them.

“Hey.” Clara said.

“Hey Jean.” Liam said. Is it just me or did he look happier after he saw me? I probably was imagining it. Ya, that’s it. “Clara, your mom probably needs you.” He said with a smile towards me. Did I ever mention his smile could melt your heart?

“Ya Clara, mom needs you.” I said realizing were using ditch Clara operation number three.

Once she left Liam said.

“To the river?”

“You bet.” We headed off.

We got to the river in a matter of minutes.

“Were here.” I said panting.

“Yeah.” He said, also panting, but laughing at the same time. I couldn’t help but laugh to.

“Okay it’s been a day. I need a update on my truth question.”

“Okay um... It’s been fine. Don’t worry I’ll meet your deadline.”

“I’m not worrying. Your the one who should be worrying. I’m going to find out your secret.”

“Ha ha. Yeah I’m so worried.”

“I’m going to know who you like!” He rolled his eyes.

“What are you going to do after you know?” He asked.

“I’ll see. It all depends on who you like.”

“Great.” He rolled his eyes again.

“It’s not polite to roll your eyes at people.”

“Sucks for you.” He said smiling.

“Sucks for you that I get the swing.” I ran to it and flew into the water. There’s nothing like that feeling.

When I surfaced Liam was laughing. I had to laugh to.

“Some people never change.” He said.

“Thank you.” He suddenly got this weird look on his face.

“What?”

“Nothing.” He kept staring at me though.

“Okay?” I got out and he continued to stare.

“Really I’m fine.” He wasn’t convincing.

“Sure.”

“Really I’m fine.”

“Are you sure? Because you haven’t stopped looking at me it’s kinda weird.”

“I’m fine.” Then to avoid any other questions he dove into the water. He had a nice form. I guess he’s kinda cute. What am I saying! Ugh!

I dove into the water and tried to not think about it for the rest of the day.