To Tell Love | Teen Ink

To Tell Love

November 22, 2010
By Music_luvr BRONZE, Murphysboro, Illinois
Music_luvr BRONZE, Murphysboro, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The purpose of life is a life of purpose"--unknown


Sigh...this is harder than I thought it would be. As I’m packing my stuff to leave, I keep picking up the phone in hopes that she will call...but the only thing I’ve been receiving are texts from my damn Srgt. reminding me that I only have two hours left. I’m so frustrated and angry with myself, if only I could make her realize how much I love her! But what if she doesn’t love me? No….I can’t make myself look freaking ridiculous by telling her I love her. No way, I’m not going to be embarrassed like that. But wait…what if she does love me...Ugh this is just too frustrating. I keep thinking that I hear my phone ring but this time it really was ringing...And it’s her!! Should I answer? What should I tell her?














---------------
















I walk into the kitchen and seen that my mom made coffee and turned the TV onto the news for me. It’s my every day ritual. But this morning my stomach’s in so much pain, my heart is torn and my eyes are so swollen I can barely see. I grab a wash cloth and wet it with warm water and lay down on the couch with my dog pepper. I finally get relaxed and set the wash cloth on my eyes, but then I start thinking of him…god I miss him so much… it’s only been one day and I can’t hold my composure for anything. I get frustrated because the warm water is starting to burn my eyes and I throw the wash cloth across the room and curl up in a ball and just let everything I have in me out. I have to call him…I need to let him know how I feel. I love him and I know for sure it’s a 100% love. Not some puppy love that a hormonal middle school kid experiences. I reach for my phone and start dialing his number but then I realize what if the feeling isn’t mutual. Oh goodness that’d be so embarrassing. I’ll just wait, I mean he is going to Afghanistan so it’s not like we could really work on our relationship. Oh but it’d be so nice to write letters to him and to receive special gifts from the many places he’s going to be. I finally get off the couch and decide to go outside. With pepper following my tracks in her peppy little step, I walk around our block for awhile to clear my mind. When we get half way around, I start bursting into tears, there’s no way people can see me like this. So I run inside, and with butterflies in my stomach and anxiousness in my throat I check my phone…… still no calls, no messages, no emails. NOTHING! I throw my phone down on the couch. I start heading upstairs and realize that someone is going to have to make the call eventually. So I run back downstairs and press the speed dial number… it starts ringing….














----------------


I missed it, I missed her call! How could I do that? I should’ve answered, now she’s going to think that I don’t want her, or that I don’t care about her. Because in all actuality, I love her and I know she’s the one I’m going to eventually ask to be my wife. Ok here goes nothing, it’s ringing…I can hear the sadness in her voice as she answers. She’s been crying, I can tell. There’s something about her, after she cries she has the cutest face. I wish I could be there to embrace her and make this better.





-------------------


“Hello?” Larissa answering with butterflies in her stomach.

“Hey, I’m sorry I missed your call my phone was on vibrate,” Jon said in a pleading voice.

“There’s something I need to tell you...I don’t know how to say this, I mean, I don’t want to sound stupid when I say this I just...” Larissa started saying before getting interrupted.

“I love you.”


The author's comments:
I was inspired to write this because of my Creative Writing class. We had to do a point of view switch and honestly I was stumped for a couple days before getting what I wanted. I found something that has happened in my life but made it way more dramatic than what it really was.