Shattered Ch.3 | Teen Ink

Shattered Ch.3

November 29, 2010
By ris829 SILVER, Northidge, California
ris829 SILVER, Northidge, California
7 articles 0 photos 18 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Live as if your dying"


I woke up that morning feeling refreshed and renewed. All I could think of was how amazing that week would be, and Jude of course. He’s the one for me. I had broken up with Eli three weeks earlier, and now Jude was finally ready to take me back. I flew threw the day, waiting for six thirty to come so, I could go and see him. I gave up everything with Eli so, I could have Jude back. That night was the night he would finally take me back into his arms for good, what I didn’t know was it would be on special circumstances. These were the kind of circumstances that everything rested in his hands. He had total control of the situation and I was about ready to do anything to have my beloved back.

Five o’clock in the afternoon came and my best friend Ryan showed up at my door, I was bringing him along for moral support, of course. I never did anything without the approval of Ryan, well I did, but then he would attempt to kill me afterwards, so that wasn’t always the best idea. For months he had been telling me to steer clear of Jude, he thought he was “too weird”. However, he approved of Jude over Eli. I had dated Jude, seven months prior, but somehow I just couldn’t get how much I had loved him out of my head. We only dated for three weeks but, when he stopped speaking to me, that was the worst. I couldn’t take it, I couldn’t take his absence in my life. I needed him back, now, more than ever.

I got dressed and ended up wearing denim shorts, a beautifully flowing white shirt, and a grey vest sitting lightly over my shoulders. I never looked better and I knew wearing this would only incline Jude to want me even more than he already did. We hopped in the car and got out of the house around six. A half an hour later I would be in my beloved’s arms.

I walked into the building, watching my friends run up to me with delight. The first friend I saw was Abbey. She was wearing a blue t-shirt that looked as if it barely fit her with short khaki shorts.

“What are you doing here?!” She ran up and hugged me.

“I have to talk to Jude,” I began walking further into the building, heading towards the eastern stairs. “Is he here yet?”

“Yeah, I think he’s upstairs, in the guy’s meeting room,” she paused and pulled at my shoulder to make me turn around. “Are you sure you want to talk to him, I mean, what’s going on between you guys?”

“We’ve been on and off for forever,” I sighed. “I have a feeling that it will change tonight,” I turned back around and continued up the stairs. The feeling of fear suddenly struck me and memories passed in front of my eyes. There is only one reason that he would never take me back, just because, I screwed up the first time. I was the second girl that he had ever truly loved and I left him. I promised him I would never leave, and I did. But, if he still loved me as much as he said he used to then, I don’t know what would stop him from coming back into my life. I reached the top of the stairs then, I headed down a hallway where finally, I came to a door.

He looked absolutely amazing, I couldn’t believe it. He wore a red plaid over-shirt with a black t-shirt underneath. His gorgeous blonde hair was spiked perfectly with his blue eyes shining in the light. He looked at me only for a second. That second felt like a lifetime, he looked me up and down, and nodded in approval, it was almost as if he knew something would happen tonight, that I didn’t know about. He turned back around and continued talking to his friend. This was definitely not the reaction I had hoped for. Ryan came sautering in, right next to me. After he observed that Jude was ignoring me, he had the same look of disapproval that I had.

“Hey, Jude,” I managed to sputter out. The sounds of disappointment echoed in my words.

“Oh hey, Sam,” he said without even turning around to look me in the eye. That sent a rush of anger through my veins and I stomped out of the room.

“Did you see that?!” I turned to Ryan, my face was flushed with anger. “He barely even looked at me!” Just as I said that, my friend, Carly, walked into the room. She’s the kind of girl who always wants to know everyone’s business. I’ve learned over the years, that I’ve known her, not to trust her with any secret. As many times as should would say, “Trust me, I won’t tell anyone,” I later found out, it’s not true. This was the night that I would finally discover that.

“What’s wrong Sam?” she asked with genuine concern in her voice.

“Jude,” I sighed. “He’s completely ignoring me and I can’t take it. And oh...my...god, he looks so amazing tonight.” I remembered back to October of last year, it was his birthday. I came to the house, not expecting him to look so amazing, but, he did. As he opened the door, the first thing I noticed was his shirt. He had on a blue plaid shirt that just looked amazing on him. That was the first time I ever saw him in plaid, and now, everytime since then, that I see him wearing plaid, it just melts me away.

“Hmmmm... I know!” Carly threw her hands up in the air as if she just came up with a brilliant idea. “I’ll go talk to him and see what’s going on” She turned out the door and ran off before I could protest, this was the last thing I needed.

For about twenty minutes, I sat in that room and sulked with Ryan right by my side. He was a good friend, to sit with my all the time, whenever I’m sad.

“Let’s go talk to everyone,” I said while pushing myself up off the floor. I got to the door with thoughts racing through my mind, once again. I really didn’t think Jude was even worth it anymore. He got me to break up with my soulmate, Eli, for him to only lead me on for over a month. I was honestly starting to get sick of it, if things didn’t change tonight, I was done. He’s a waste of time and I couldn’t believe that I could be so stupid to throw everything away and wind up with nothing. As I strolled down the hallway, time seemed to move slowly. I could see my friends in the other room, cheerfully laughing and talking. It all seemed so surreal, like something out of a movie, until I saw Aaron. From the moment I saw him turn the corner and walk towards me, time sped up and all the thought I about giving up, suddenly seemed to disappear. In an instant he was standing in front of me with his arms around my waist.

He looked down at me and whispered, “So, I heard from someone that I look absolutely amazing tonight.” He winked and pulled me closer.

“Maybe, I take it Carly talked to you,” I pushed away, I never understood why he had to make every moment so intimate. “I tried telling her not to, she never keeps her mouth shut.”

“No, I’m glad she told me,” he pulled me closer again. “Because now, it gives me more of a reason to do this.” He pulled me as close as possible, with his hands still around my waist, and pressed his lips to mine. Oh those lips, every time I touched them, I could feel a sensation run straight down my spine. “What do you think about ditching the meeting?”

How could I say no to him, he was all I wanted, for now. “I don’t mind, but what about Ryan?” I pointed to him. He had been so quiet the whole time I forgot he was even there. Sometimes I felt bad, I would invite him to go places and then, ignore him the whole time. It was just a really bad habit that I had. But, this time I had promised him earlier that I wouldn’t do it, this night.

“Oh, hey dude, I forgot you were there,” he held out his hand and they did their, handshake. “He can come with us, come on the three of us can ditch.” With that said we headed down the stairs and out the door. We decided that we would go accross the street. Jude still had some smirk on his face that implied that he knew something was going to happen, that I didn’t know about. We reached the park quickly and after that, everything seemed to move so fast. We started making out behind a tree with Ryan wandering around behind us, talking on his phone. The next thing I knew was we were behind the baseball dugout. My pants were around my ankles. Thoughts would race through my head for the last time with Jude. This was the moment of truth. I knew that with this, he would finally be mine forever, again. Who knew that was possible, to be someone’s forever, more than once. I thought at this moment that he was all I would ever want. Eli. Wait, how could I think of Eli in a time like this. I saw his face in my mind and tears started to fall down my face.

“Whoa, are you okay, Sam?” He stopped what he was doing and looked up at me.

“Yeah, uhm, it just hurts, I’m fine.” With that said he continued and still, all I could think of was Eli, and how wrong it felt to be with Jude.


The author's comments:
Chapter three of my book, the story behind everything. This is the story of why Eli hates Sam