Chaos | Teen Ink

Chaos

By Kaylin_Mackenzie GOLD, Tomball, Texas
Kaylin_Mackenzie GOLD, Tomball, Texas

"You might not like me, but Jesus thinks I'm to die for!"
"L.O.V.E's just another word I'll never learn to pronounce...."

It was a nightmare

My life.

Everything. Chaos

I didn’t think I would ever smile again. Not after my parent’s divorce. Not after moving. Not after leaving my friends. Everyone I loved.

I didn’t think I would ever be worth anything.

I didn’t think I would ever love.

I didn’t think I would ever be loved.

But then I met you.

You showed me that life could still be fun.

We would go to Wal-Mart and take the Nerf guns and ride around on the tricycles shooting at each other throughout the store.

We would go to the movie theater and through already-been-licked Skittles and that bald guy’s head in row one.

We would kiss in the backseat of your shiny, new, red car not caring about the rest of the world.

We would.

We would.

We would

But we don’t anymore. It was like that shiny, new, red car tore you away from me. It was like once she saw you in that car, she wanted you.

It was a nightmare.

My life.

Everything. Chaos

And you wanted her.

And you didn’t want me.

I was left alone. You were with her.

It was a nightmare.

My life.

Everything. Chaos.

But then she broke your heart, didn’t she? Just like you broke mine, didn’t you? And I was there to comfort you… wasn’t I?

You drove to my house in that shiny, new, red car you loved so much. And you cried and cried and I held you. You were hurt and broken. But I pieced you back together bit by bit.

And then you asked me to dinner. And I was the happiest girl in the world. Sitting inside of that restaurant, I fixed my hair numerous times, wanting to look perfect for you.

But you never showed up.

And I walked home. Alone.

And it was while I was walking alone when I was hit. And I was gone. The last thing I saw was that shiny, new, red car. You were driving to that girl’s house, hoping to make up with her. You didn’t care about me.

At my funeral, you saw what it was like, didn’t you? You saw what it was like to live a nightmare. For everything to be chaotic.

It was a nightmare.

My death.

Everything. Chaos.

Love can take you for the ride of your life, but that same ride can be the one that breaks you.