Do You Remember? | Teen Ink

Do You Remember?

By Alexa97522 GOLD, Portland, Oregon
Alexa97522 GOLD, Portland, Oregon

With God, all things are possible. (Matthew 19:26)

We sat in the bed of your truck, watching and waiting as the sun went down over the ocean. Your red plaid shirt smelt of Old Spice as it hugged my curves. My shorts were stained with dirt and my legs were muddy along with my feet. But you didn't care. You didn’t care how disgusting I looked. You didn’t care the fact I didn’t want you to hold me as the moonlight crept us into the sky. You didn’t care that this was our last night together. You wanted to be able to remember this night forever. All you wanted to do was show me that no matter what happened tomorrow, you’d never forget. And looking back on it all, I’ll still wonder if you ever truly forgot that moment. My heart broke when I dialed your number and an automated voice came over. All I did was dial your number for the first time in months so I could hear your voice tell me I looked nice that night when we both knew I didn’t. And somehow my mind has leaded me to believe that if we ever talked again, you would say you didn’t remember, couldn’t remember. The Old Spice has left your shirt. The mud was washed off and my shorts were cleaned. And I moved on.

PoetLaureate07 PLATINUM, Aberdeen, Mississippi

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing..

i have to totally agree!! so personal.. so..... everything.... nonfictionally explained... love this!!! perfectly

Nerdy-Bookworm BRONZE, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
wow i love this! i went through the same thing. its like everything that happened didnt

Lletya BRONZE said...
Lletya BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado

All we ever wanted you to be, is to be yourself! If everyone leaves the show that night feeling better about themselves, then we did our job. Its a social experiment, slash art project. We're trying to change the world and help alot of people. MCR

I thought this story was great, but sad.  I would hate to love someone and find out they forgot about me and everything we did togeher.

haha4579 GOLD said...
haha4579 GOLD, Westfield, Wisconsin

"It's a car, that runs on water!" - Hyde

I loved this! It wa mysterious and full of teenage romance that only most of us dream of! Amazing! :)

lyssa28 BRONZE said...
lyssa28 BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada
Your story was great :)